Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - delivery Date this Thursday - a couple of questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So ordered January 2021 - last week my phone said September - October delivery. Monday - serial number present - scheduled delivery 8/18. It's been a long wait - trying to confirm a few things - get some input - because searching seems to produce confusing responses:
  1. Will my car have the ability to receive XM/satellite radio?
  2. Will there be a 220 V charging cable included ? (like when I bought my last Model X)
  3. I guess - there is not going to be a key fob - was told I could order one - but they seem to be out of stock - Is this just a temporary situation - or are they just not available?
  4. I was told my current key fob - for 2017 model X will not work with my 2022 Model X --- is that correct?
  5. I was told that my model X will come - with a trailer hitch and that the hitch itself - is not attached but it is included in a storage box. There is nothing else that I would have to buy - remove a rubber/plastic plate under back bumper and there is the "receiving " part of the hitch.
  6. I am reading mixed comments on the AC system - for the most part are folks satisfied with the Model X AC ?
  7. I have the 6 seater option - will there or will there not be a center console - between the two center row seats?
Looking for some input - feeling a little nervous - since I find it difficult to have someone reliable - at Tesla that I can call - and communicate with.....

So ordered January 2021 - last week my phone said September - October delivery. Monday - serial number present - scheduled delivery 8/18. It's been a long wait - trying to confirm a few things - get some input - because searching seems to produce confusing responses:
  2. Will there be a 220 V charging cable included ? (like when I bought my last Model X)
  3. I guess - there is not going to be a key fob - was told I could order one - but they seem to be out of stock - Is this just a temporary situation - or are they just not available?
  4. I was told my current key fob - for 2017 model X will not work with my 2022 Model X --- is that correct?
  5. I was told that my model X will come - with a trailer hitch and that the hitch itself - is not attached but it is included in a storage box. There is nothing else that I would have to buy - remove a rubber/plastic plate under back bumper and there is the "receiving " part of the hitch.
  6. I am reading mixed comments on the AC system - for the most part are folks satisfied with the Model X AC ?
  7. I have the 6 seater option - will there or will there not be a center console - between the two center row seats?
Looking for some input - feeling a little nervous - since I find it difficult to have someone reliable - at Tesla that I can call - and communicate with.....
1. Yes. But there is no subscription to Sirius/XM.
2. No
3. No idea. In any event, you have to order a fob.
4. Correct. A fob for a legacy X will not work.
5. The hitch receiver is included, providing a 2 inch square hole. You have to purchase from a third party, whatever else is required.
6. A/C should be fine. Mine is.
7. AFAIK, there is nothing between the seats on a six passenger.

Reactions: jiehan
Please update with a response to the questions you posted. Am also interested as to if the new X has the LED adaptive headlights?

So, I finally got a VIN. After all the emotional ups and downs, it’s almost anticlimactic. Maybe that will change when I drive it away. At this point, Ithe delivery point has changed over 200 miles ( and I’m at least 400 -500 miles away from the original requested and only site to now a different one in another state. The automatic “person” has me living in the wrong state although my insurance etc. is correct. i asked questions via text msg but have no answers yet regarding where, when, and payment and inspection. When I first got delivery estimates I made arrangement with my driver on when and time we could both make this long drive within the given delivery window. one two days work. Tesla, don’t screw this up! I am losing faith and sleep.

Reactions: Hebert