Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X delivery delayed; anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

trus

'22 Model S Plaid
Dec 9, 2021
Seattle
My Model X was intended to come in January. However, I logged onto the Tesla website yesterday to discover that it was changed to Feburary. Thing is, it NEVER notified me about this. Has anyone else experienced this undercover delay?

Reactions: LL#2
Welcome! Since you just joined you may not be aware of this mega-thread that relates to your question.
The link below is to a recent message so that you can start there rather than read the almost 12,000 messages that preceded it.
By the way this thread has almost a million views.

My Model X was intended to come in January. However, I logged onto the Tesla website yesterday to discover that it was changed to Feburary. Thing is, it NEVER notified me about this. Has anyone else experienced this undercover delay?
I placed my Model X order on 1/27/21. The order was then changed several days later to the Model X Refresh. I have been waiting ever since while Tesla shut down Model X manufacturing for many reasons. In late October I received a call from Tesla telling me that if I changed my order from the five-seater to the six-seater configuration I might get the car by year's end. I opted to revise my order and pay more for the six-seater. When my account was first revised for the six-seater, I got the "Prepare for delivery" message with estimated delivery as "soon." Then the message was later changed from "Prepare for delivery" to "Overview" and estimated delivery as January. A few days ago, January was changed to February.

I am trying my best to be patient amidst the frustration.

I placed my Model X order on 1/27/21. The order was then changed several days later to the Model X Refresh. I have been waiting ever since while Tesla shut down Model X manufacturing for many reasons. In late October I received a call from Tesla telling me that if I changed my order from the five-seater to the six-seater configuration I might get the car by year's end. I opted to revise my order and pay more for the six-seater. When my account was first revised for the six-seater, I got the "Prepare for delivery" message with estimated delivery as "soon." Then the message was later changed from "Prepare for delivery" to "Overview" and estimated delivery as January. A few days ago, January was changed to February.

It's honestly giving me more time to re-consider.

If placed my order for the Model X in January 21 and fell for the upgrade offer for the six-seater as well. Just looked at my order this morning and delivery was moved to February. This is ridiculous...but our only option is to cancel. Additionally, the Tesla sales guy who upgraded me had the nerve to text me a few weeks ago asking if I was interested in solor. Yea right....

Reactions: trus
I ordered in early March, 2021 and was told that it would be delivered in June. But every month I'd check the app and it said the next month. They never notified me. Then in October I got the call about earlier delivery if I upgraded to the captain's chairs and I accepted. Then a week ago the app said my delivery would take place in February! But then on Monday I got a call that I could pick it up the next day! I finally got my Model X. Has a few problems though and the earliest service appointment is over a month away!

Reactions: trus and Hebert
I ordered in early March, 2021 and was told that it would be delivered in June. But every month I'd check the app and it said the next month. They never notified me. Then in October I got the call about earlier delivery if I upgraded to the captain's chairs and I accepted. Then a week ago the app said my delivery would take place in February! But then on Monday I got a call that I could pick it up the next day! I finally got my Model X. Has a few problems though and the earliest service appointment is over a month away!
How you liking it? You sound happy with it!

My experience also. Changed from January to February. I‘m also hoping they get issues worked out before volume production. Still getting very frustrating. Maybe Elon should spend less time on Twitter and make sure production and quality are enhanced. Can’t really remember a product or enhancement were delivered anywhere close to timeframe he set.

If placed my order for the Model X in January 21 and fell for the upgrade offer for the six-seater as well. Just looked at my order this morning and delivery was moved to February. This is ridiculous...but our only option is to cancel. Additionally, the Tesla sales guy who upgraded me had the nerve to text me a few weeks ago asking if I was interested in solor. Yea right....
Don't cancel. You'll be happy.