Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X delivery delayed; anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my X Plaid in november…

On Jan 20th it actually gave me an estimated delivery of Feb 4-20th, and was contacted by customer service to start processing the financing….

I did, got approved, and agreed on the rate ETC…. By the 27th, of Jan my estimated date of delivery got pushed back to Oct….

they are ”Still investigating the situation” lol

Dear Tesla. I just figured out I have a 500 mile; 10 hour w charging trip to your service/delivery center. I expect my X to be perfect when I show up for delivery and final payment $$$.I cannot come back in a week for fixing things that should not be wrong and should have been caught and fixed before I was even contacted that the car was ready. If it needs fixing, it’s not ready for delivery to the customer. I want this to be a good experience. Isn’t that what we all want? Please be considerate of our time. Please Improve quality and service. It’s more important than another second quicker acceleration or some stupid sound effects. Many more people will appreciate your cars and company and spread good words rather than bad. Thank you. Looking forward to eventually actually taking my X.

Last edited:
That was my fear.. the middle of the month before the date gets changed. Bummer. Putting $2K into 15 yr old car to keep it a safe drive, for how long?….
Wife driving 10 year old car in hopes of getting LR. Had to go get new tires yesterday to keep it going, hopefully now till April. So frustrating that Tesla is treating it's existing & potential new customers

That's BS
no difference in interior trim of plaid and LR
they made a business decision to only produce the more expensive version for the time being
Overall, I like Elon, but this is the problem when you have one person making all the decisions...
it's hit or miss
What other company would just literally stop making a version of a car they are selling and people are buying?
For over a year!

Reactions: Prairie
My Model X was intended to come in January. However, I logged onto the Tesla website yesterday to discover that it was changed to Feburary. Thing is, it NEVER notified me about this. Has anyone else experienced this undercover delay?
My Model X was supposed to come in December, then it was extended to January, then mid January it was extended to February, then in late January it was extended to March. TODAY it was extended to April. I only knew about it because I check my phone daily to see if delivery push outs are continuing. I ordered the car in May 2021. The lease on my current car ends in May- if it doesn't come in time I'll have to cancel the order- crazy.

My Model X was supposed to come in December, then it was extended to January, then mid January it was extended to February, then in late January it was extended to March. TODAY it was extended to April. I only knew about it because I check my phone daily to see if delivery push outs are continuing. I ordered the car in May 2021. The lease on my current car ends in May- if it doesn't come in time I'll have to cancel the order- crazy.
On most leases, you can extend them month-to-month. Usually, there was a 6 month limit on month-to-month extensions. That is what Tesla had in my lease contract. But I have heard that some leases are being extended longer. Contact your leasing company for details.

I now really wish I would have extended my previous Model X's lease.