TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Delivery Experience - Marina Del Rey, CA

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by hypa, Aug 31, 2018.

1. hypa

hypa Member

#1 hypa, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Picked up my MX today. Great experience, staff was courteous, quick service, the vehicle was great.

My X
    IMG_2135.jpg

B-roll ....
    IMG_2121.jpg IMG_2122.jpg IMG_2123.jpg IMG_2124.jpg IMG_2125.jpg IMG_2126.jpg IMG_2127.jpg

• Like x 3
    • Love x 2
  2. K3Man

K3Man Member

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing! And more importantly, glad your X is great!

Now, go drive the *sugar* out of it!

;)

• Love x 1
  3. hypa

hypa Member

Already broke it in, AP and Summon works great. Taking it in for PPF next week, was going to go Matte but the gloss finish is stunning and classy.

• Love x 1
  4. Bogobec

Bogobec Member

This is exactly the paint/wheels color combination that I’m going to order next week! (Unless I change my mind again ;) ) What interior did you choose?

If you could post more pictures it would be greatly appreciated :)

And congrats on your new ride!!!

5. hypa

hypa Member

#5 hypa, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    I put a lot of thought into choosing the color I felt best represented my style. At one point I started second guessing my selection and debated whether I should have gone with white or blue, but I eventually got over it and when I saw my MX for the first time in the showroom it blew me away.

I went with black interior, black headliner w/ carbon fiber trim. I hadn't seen any good pictures of the body color/wheel color combination online. I mostly found the silver streams, the black 22s, and folks who powder coated their rims or had aftermarket rims.

I'll take some more pictures when I wake up later today and post them. Let me know if you have any questions about the car/options/buying process or if you need (or don't need) a referral code.

• Love x 1
  6. Bogobec

Bogobec Member

It is exactly the same interior I’m choosing. For the exterior color combination, my SC have a model S in the showroom with this match. That’s what sold me on it.

Can’t wait to see more picture of you X. Thanks again!

7. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

Congrats on delivery!! Nice combo. I wish our Tesla store had a boutique like yours.

8. hypa

hypa Member

Here are some pics I took while Supercharging at SpaceX.

IMG_2175.jpg IMG_2177.jpg IMG_2178.jpg IMG_2179.jpg IMG_2180.jpg IMG_2186.jpg

Some more eye candy...
    IMG_1332.jpg IMG_1334.jpg IMG_1336.jpg

• Love x 4
    • Like x 1
  9. K3Man

K3Man Member

Very niiiice! Thanks for sharing those! :D

10. Bogobec

Bogobec Member

Thanks a lot! Really looks stunning! That’s it, I’m sold on the color combination! Can’t wait to order next week :)

Have fun with you new X!!!

11. hypa

hypa Member

Here are some interior pics

IMG_2210.jpg IMG_2211.jpg IMG_2212.jpg IMG_2213.jpg IMG_2214.jpg

• Love x 2
  12. K3Man

K3Man Member

Oooh. You got the performance pedals from Tesla?

• Love x 1
  13. hypa

hypa Member

Nope I bought some aftermarket pedals, check out my quick video about them

• Informative x 1
  14. JD_MX

JD_MX New Member

Hello Congratulations !!!
    Is gap between frunk and headlight is common? I took delivery of Model X on Aug. 25th and see similar gap.
    Untitled.png

15. ba2002

ba2002 Member

I'm currently in a MSM model S, taking delivery in a week of a MSM model 3.... Debating xpel stealth...

16. hypa

hypa Member

I'm not sure that's much of a gap, I think the angle the photo was taken and my wide angle lens (16-35 f2.8L III) may be exaggerating it. If you look at the other photo in the previous post (linked below) it seems normal. I'll compare it to our second MX arriving in a few weeks.

[​IMG]

17. hypa

hypa Member

I've seen MSM cars and they're definitely nice. I'm a stealth kind of guy and I was so set on it until I saw my MX in person.