Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delivery info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d recommend Maidenhead Tesla, which I believe is the main Tesla number in your account. 0162 845 0660 Then option 4.

Well I called them, did not take that long to get thru, they were able to confirm that my car was built and waiting at the docks to get on a ship to Belgium. I was told that they wouldn't normally confirm back to me officially until it arrives in Belgium which explains why I had not had any comms from them. Unfortunately he did not know what ship it was going to travel on but at least I know they are now aiming for end of March / beginning of April, and of course with Tesla's obsession of getting the cars registered for the end of the quarter it is more likely to be March if they can possibly do it :D

I had been half looking at the black performance model they have on the inventory site and I think if they had not of been able to confirm some news today I would have been sorely tempted to upgrade from the long range I had ordered in grey. I could live with the colour change and I don't need it to be that quick, I've had lots of fast cars before but know I don't drive like that any more ("phew" says the wife!!)

Thanks Mr M , he did say two more ships expected March but if on them ought to be matched by now

Rdt123 - might be worth you calling them too, as they say the notification does not happen until Belgium they might be able to tell you if yours is sat on the docks too.

of course with Tesla's obsession of getting the cars registered for the end of the quarter it is more likely to be March if they can possibly do it :D

Easy for me to say as I’ve been in mine for 3 years, but if you can defer it until after 31st March you stand a much better chance of a half decent PDI and less frantic handover.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Easy for me to say as I’ve been in mine for 3 years, but if you can defer it until after 31st March you stand a much better chance of a half decent PDI and less frantic handover.
They let me take one out from Bristol for an hour and half before firing loads of questions at them about it, reasonably confident about knowing the basics so handover is not too important, Chris in Bristol has also promised to give it a good look over for me before I come to get it but I reckon that is still probably good advice - but I thought Tesla didn't do PDI anyway, they were more - take it or leave it....:rolleyes:

Unfortunately he did not know what ship it was going to travel on but at least I know they are now aiming for end of March / beginning of April, and of course with Tesla's obsession of getting the cars registered for the end of the quarter it is more likely to be March if they can possibly do it :D

I would have thought if its still in the docks stateside, by the time it gets on a boat even if today, Tilburg reassembly (still?) then shipped to UK and delivery, March and even April (allowing for things not to happen instantly) is a bit of an ask. I'm sure Mr Miserable can shed more light on shipping availability and times.

I'm a little surprised by all this and a little disappointed in Tesla to be honest.
The fact you have a VIN means the car exists, which is a good thing. The fact that they can't quite locate it, is a bad thing.
The idea that it's waiting on the docks in the USA for a ship to Belgium is unlikely for a couple of reasons:
1. These cars are shipped to Rotterdam (NL) not to Zeebrugge (BE) and
2. They are shipped on regular, scheduled services not ad-hoc charters like the Model 3.
You can see from my posts above where I show the shipping schedule how regularly they leave.

So I suspect that the shipping info that the Tesla folk look at in their laptop is all codes and gobbledegook that means nothing to your average Tesla person. As an example, a simple code 09E may mean nothing to them but to me it nails the ship and ETA and everything.
I reckon your car is on the way but it hasn't yet arrived in Tilburg.

I’ve finally got at least a bit of info. Tesla stated this morning I can expected to collect my MX in mid April. I am not matched but he stated that I should be by circa March 20th. He stated the matching usually happens when 5 days out from Holland. I’m guessing it’s on the MONTANA ?

• Informative
Reactions: x-rm
I’ve finally got at least a bit of info. Tesla stated this morning I can expected to collect my MX in mid April. I am not matched but he stated that I should be by circa March 20th. He stated the matching usually happens when 5 days out from Holland. I’m guessing it’s on the MONTANA ?

More like the IOWA I think.

Just happened to spot the SAFMARINE MAFARDI off the NW coast of Spain. I haven't been following it but was surprised to see it there.
Clearly on a much more southerly track than normal to avoid storms in the NW Atlantic and she is running late. She was due to arrive in Rotterdam today but I don't expect her to arrive there until 12 Mar now.

MAERSK OHIO departed Houston 17 Feb Arrived Rotterdam 2 Mar
SAFMARINE MAFARDI Departed Houston 26 Feb ETA Rotterdam 12 Mar
MAERSK MONTANA Departed Houston 4 Mar Arr Rotterdam 16 Mar
MAERSK IOWA Departed Houston 8 Mar Arr Rotterdam 23 Mar -

Hi mate, I rang Leeds Saturday AM and no match yet for me. I'll try again Wed as I only have a monthly window to hand back my current lease
ffs - they lied, or if I am being generous, they made a mistake. I had been trying to call back to Maidenhead all week to see if I could get the extra info Mr M said about to track the car down a bit more - it had got to the stage where they did not even put me in the queue to wait on the phone anymore - just automated message saying they are too busy and will contact me nearer my delivery date (for my Model 3 - Lol) and then hung up. Eventually, somewhat frustrated I started dialling all and any branch that would answer, got thru to a random one North of London who kindly looked up my car and told me it was on hold, he'd release it now but it would not match for a delivery anytime before May and that was if I was lucky - don't feel like I have been lucky so far...
I tried to speak to Bristol again, the phone actually got answered but my contact was away from the office, at this point I have my finger hovering above the "buy now" button on a performance X in the Inventory section - not the spec I wanted, not the colour I wanted, but I could get it in two weeks and it costs £100 at this stage - non refundable but with UK distance selling rules I'm not sure that would hold up.
I did have a brief moment of panic when the website would not accept the order for some unknown glitch - I thought someone else had brought it while I was hesitating, but a quick browser refresh and re-entered details sorted that - so technically I now have 2 cars on order, I'll wait to see which one turns up first before cancelling the other - 3 weeks to get the 1st £4k deposit back anyway so waiting a while longer is worth not getting out of the queue completely in case the 2nd car has issues too!

ffs - they lied, or if I am being generous, they made a mistake. I had been trying to call back to Maidenhead all week to see if I could get the extra info Mr M said about to track the car down a bit more - it had got to the stage where they did not even put me in the queue to wait on the phone anymore - just automated message saying they are too busy and will contact me nearer my delivery date (for my Model 3 - Lol) and then hung up. Eventually, somewhat frustrated I started dialling all and any branch that would answer, got thru to a random one North of London who kindly looked up my car and told me it was on hold, he'd release it now but it would not match for a delivery anytime before May and that was if I was lucky - don't feel like I have been lucky so far...
I tried to speak to Bristol again, the phone actually got answered but my contact was away from the office, at this point I have my finger hovering above the "buy now" button on a performance X in the Inventory section - not the spec I wanted, not the colour I wanted, but I could get it in two weeks and it costs £100 at this stage - non refundable but with UK distance selling rules I'm not sure that would hold up.
I did have a brief moment of panic when the website would not accept the order for some unknown glitch - I thought someone else had brought it while I was hesitating, but a quick browser refresh and re-entered details sorted that - so technically I now have 2 cars on order, I'll wait to see which one turns up first before cancelling the other - 3 weeks to get the 1st £4k deposit back anyway so waiting a while longer is worth not getting out of the queue completely in case the 2nd car has issues too!
I hope you used my referral code!

I hope you used my referral code!
Not the second time around 'cos I did it from scratch in a hurry, but I know I can get a code added after the event if I speak to my contact. I have just been reading about the £3.5k grant so I might be switching back to the original order anyway as that performance upgrade is looking more and more expensive and my original order would have been on the government portal some months back

It really is a shambles. I also get the Tesla number hanging up on me with a message about my Model 3 (which I haven’t ordered) Last time I spoke to Tesla they said mid April - from Birmingham! With no match yet. They said the lease company could move the location to Leeds. Rang the lease company (tusker) who said they had been told no April deliveries so they were expecting end of March.

they finished by stating, for the fourth time in four weeks, that someone would get an update from Tesla and ring me back - no one has ever called me back in fact

I’ve never experienced anything this poor from any other car company - the process, internal organization and comms with consumers is horrific. Combined with the traditional woeful service from a lease company makes it the perfect storm

It really is a shambles. I also get the Tesla number hanging up on me with a message about my Model 3 (which I haven’t ordered) Last time I spoke to Tesla they said mid April - from Birmingham! With no match yet. They said the lease company could move the location to Leeds. Rang the lease company (tusker) who said they had been told no April deliveries so they were expecting end of March.

they finished by stating, for the fourth time in four weeks, that someone would get an update from Tesla and ring me back - no one has ever called me back in fact

I’ve never experienced anything this poor from any other car company - the process, internal organization and comms with consumers is horrific. Combined with the traditional woeful service from a lease company makes it the perfect storm
and then...
Chris from Tesla Bristol certainly went the extra mile for me tonight, he has registered the newly purchased car on the government website for me so I still get the £3.5k grant even tho' I only ordered it late this afternoon - absolute star, and I know how busy they all are. I spoke to another person from Sales in Heathrow earlier, she was completely overwhelmed and while nice, made no secret of the fact that they have a lot more work than time and are just swamped :(

Reactions: Harv3y
and then...
Chris from Tesla Bristol certainly went the extra mile for me tonight, he has registered the newly purchased car on the government website for me so I still get the £3.5k grant even tho' I only ordered it late this afternoon - absolute star, and I know how busy they all are. I spoke to another person from Sales in Heathrow earlier, she was completely overwhelmed and while nice, made no secret of the fact that they have a lot more work than time and are just swamped :(
We spoke to somebody there too today, possibly the same lady. We had to tell her what boat our car was on because she didn’t know. All we wanted was a delivery date and an idea of when we’d receive a reg!