Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Model X Delivery on 5/7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spleen

Supporting Member
Jul 7, 2012
Honolulu, HI
Hi folks - for those that are interested, I'm currently scheduling my X delivery at the Service Center at 9 AM on 5/7. This of course is subject to change depending on whether the SC can prep the car in time but wanted to put it up there in case people wanted to come by and look. I can't promise that I'll let people actually *in* the car since I'm hearing that the seat backs are subject to easy scratches but until I can get them Xpeled ... lololol.

Masaki

Do they still offer the option to not install the front plate if you sign the waiver? Are you putting your plate on? Just wondering if anything has changed now that the SC is licensed now. The front plate on the X doesn't look as bad as it does on the X, but there's also no real easy plate to temporarily mount it once a year/.

They never asked about the front plate. I actually don't mind putting it on since it doesn't look half bad with the plate on the X and it'll save me hassle when doing safety checks and fighting tickets.

Xpel is being done through Jun's Tinting in my garage (if I can clear out enough space to actually put the X in there, lol). He'll also do the tinting on the side windows - I'll see how hot it gets before deciding on whether to put film over the front windshield.

They never asked about the front plate. I actually don't mind putting it on since it doesn't look half bad with the plate on the X and it'll save me hassle when doing safety checks and fighting tickets.

Xpel is being done through Jun's Tinting in my garage (if I can clear out enough space to actually put the X in there, lol). He'll also do the tinting on the side windows - I'll see how hot it gets before deciding on whether to put film over the front windshield.
Peter (Juns Tinting) is great! I highly recommend him! He xpel for my MS front end and rocker panels. I loved not having to drive it anywhere. Just had to clean my garage and move stuff around. It was so hot in my garage ..I felt bad..but he did he a great job.actually redid the hood since he wasn't happy with how the precut sheets turned out.

Peter's been great to work with so far. I know that I must have annoyed him with all of the date changes to date (since SC can't guarantee when the car would be available) and he's been flexible with moving things around. Going for full coverage along with doing the back of the seats.

Today at the SC, they said the cars cant be shipped without the front plate, do to some law

That's weird because we picked up my parents' new S a month or so ago with no front plate.

They were talking about the new front bumper and how it needed to stick out a certain distance or something aaccording to some law. So the new MS will have plate holders already installed to make up for that distance that is lost because of the flat/concave bumper style.

Can't sleep! Cleaned out garage to make space tonight - 8 more hours, 8 more hours.
love-sick-emoticon.gif

• Funny
Reactions: nanimac
Also, would appreciate your thoughts on getting your X wrapped in Xpel. I'm seriously considering at a minimum the seat backs and front of the X, but I could be convinced to do the rest of the vehicle if the cost is not too outrageous.

The cost IS outrageous, no getting around it. Just under $5000 to do the full wrap plus another $650 for the seat backs. But I have rock chips on the ROOF of my Leaf and it would literally make me cry if I Xpeled just the front just to get rock chips elsewhere. I plan to hang onto this car for a long time so I hope to get value out of it by my joy of ownership.

He is going to throw on ceramic tint on the front windows as part of the wrap package.