Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X delivery questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did it!! Pulled the trigger on a 2020 Model X long range 7 seater FSD on Nov 12th 2019. I was matched with an inventory model VIN in Dallas. I live in Austin, Tesla told me if I really need it before Dec 31, I need to go to Dallas and pick it up. I am heading there now for delivery scheduled tomorrow afternoon. Will there be a chance for test drive? Is there a recent pickup checklist, I have seen one from Nick. What should I check? I installed the tesla app on my iphone today, tried to login using tesla.com user/password but it fails. Does the tesla app need a new login account.

Test drives only occur in company cars before you buy.
You will not be able to test drive your car. You will be able to look at it, but probably not move it. And expect the facility to be really busy. Don't expect them to be available at any time but your delivery time.
You will be required to complete payment and show a valid insurance with VIN before you leave.

Reactions: nomad415
I did it!! Pulled the trigger on a 2020 Model X long range 7 seater FSD on Nov 12th 2019. I was matched with an inventory model VIN in Dallas. I live in Austin, Tesla told me if I really need it before Dec 31, I need to go to Dallas and pick it up. I am heading there now for delivery scheduled tomorrow afternoon. Will there be a chance for test drive? Is there a recent pickup checklist, I have seen one from Nick. What should I check? I installed the tesla app on my iphone today, tried to login using tesla.com user/password but it fails. Does the tesla app need a new login account.
It doesn’t need new credentials but as I recall you can’t login before there is at least one asset (car/solar) in your account. Usually that happens just before delivery (3) or just after (after for S/X).

What they said. I just took delivery of our 4th Tesla, between my wife and I. I get the model S and she gets the model X. I would not let all the chatter on the forum make you worry. Its an exciting time, just enjoy it. Look for any cosmetic damage (likely there won't be any), so they can notate it to be fixed on a due bill, that you get a copy of. Otherwise, anything else that doesn't work as planned, will be fixed under warranty. And they can even come to your house and repair at your home, and you can schedule it through the mobile app.
What I have found is that most of the issues are not a problem with the car, but user error (on my part).
You will love it!

I took delivery of my new Model X LR from the Dallas service center(plano) on Dec 29th 2019. Identified 3 issues with the car
1) Paint scratch near the hatch around 1 inch long
2) Metal popping out near the side light(pic attached)
3) The chrome trim not aligning in several spots around the car.

The staff in Dallas applied touchup paint for (1) and said it will set and become smooth after drying, but it hasn’t. For (2) and (3) I was told that it has been noted in due bill and I should go get it fixed at the Austin service center(I live in Austin). I asked for a copy of due bill, I was told its electronic and they cannot give me a copy. I tried to make an appt with Austin SC through tesla app, earliest i could get is Jan 15th. This is clearly past the 7 day return period for the car? I am looking for advice on how to go about this? Are these defects serious enough to make a big deal of it? I have read that the tesla’s aren’t of great quality when it comes to trim. Is it standard practice to not give a copy of the due bill to buyer at delivery? Will the Austin Service Center be open on Sundays, I was thinking of driving up there today to have them fix these issues.

Attachments

• 272379BC-AF17-4E5A-809E-A9722FA8BC1C.jpeg
    272379BC-AF17-4E5A-809E-A9722FA8BC1C.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 140
I drove up to the Austin SC. It was sunday Jan 6th. I was greeted by two friendly gentlemen there. They pulled up my record and saw the notes made in my due bill by the Dallas SC where I had taken delivery last week. They said it will be taken care of, but not today. Since the Service department is closed on sundays. These guys were sales men on the tesla sales side. They told me nothing can be done today. I have two options - come back tormorrow and talk to service and see what they say. Or return the car to them today, since that day was the 7th day for the return to count. They told me, I will not be able to return the car tomorrow if I decided to.
I decided to keep the car. And I waited for my appt with the SC which is tomorrow. I plan to drive up there and hopefully they will take care of the 3 defects. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Those Falcon Wing doors are HUGE!. Almost impossible to get a perfect fit (yours are pretty good), however the Service guys are pretty good at it. Initially the door seals are very stiff. They loosed up a little with time, so they might get a little better as they break in.

Looks like the paint area just needs a little dab of touch up paint and you will be good to go.

How do you like the car otherwise?

Communications with Tesla people is challenging. They are hard to get ahold of, and sometimes don't have all the answers.

Hope you get it all sorted out to your satisfaction.

(Just re-read my post and realized I sound like one of their deliver people)...but really mean what I said.

Thank you!
What they said. I just took delivery of our 4th Tesla, between my wife and I. I get the model S and she gets the model X. I would not let all the chatter on the forum make you worry. Its an exciting time, just enjoy it. Look for any cosmetic damage (likely there won't be any), so they can notate it to be fixed on a due bill, that you get a copy of. Otherwise, anything else that doesn't work as planned, will be fixed under warranty. And they can even come to your house and repair at your home, and you can schedule it through the mobile app.
What I have found is that most of the issues are not a problem with the car, but user error (on my part).
You will love it!