Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X delivery time in US

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Generally speaking, orders get bundled together and delivered in th US at end-of-quarter. In theory the S/X lines are currently building cars for the global markets now, so that there is enough time to get them on a boat and delivered before July 1 (Q3). As the quarter progresses they shift production to different geographies so you’ll see west coast cars sometimes trend later in the quarter, although all of this may change as the 3 ramps up and the delivery network scales. There may be opportunities to get S/X cars into owners hand a bit quicker.

That said, there are a few random reports of December orders that missed Q1 delivery and are presumably delayed until June.
I ordered 3/23 and got a call yesterday that they’re targeting a late May production, but I’m not sure if that’s just a generic message or not.

Nick

Thanks, seems the lead time for X is much longer than the other models. I plan to order mine in Q4, hopefully they still have the $7,500 fed tax credit (waiting when they will announce the delivery’s for the 200,000th car)

How can we be certain that we will get the credit when we take delivery?
is It possible that we take say a July delivery and at the end of the year, IRS or Tesla discloses that the 200,000th vehicle was delivered on Jan 2nd which in turn would mean that July deliveries would only get 3750?

How can we be certain that we will get the credit when we take delivery?
is It possible that we take say a July delivery and at the end of the year, IRS or Tesla discloses that the 200,000th vehicle was delivered on Jan 2nd which in turn would mean that July deliveries would only get 3750?

No, therre are alot of people tracking this and following the numbers. earliest tesla will hit 200k number will be Q2 but could very well be Q3.

Hi ModlS3XY,

I will take a stab at your question.

When 200,000 is hit, the credit $7500 US is good for the remainder of that calendar quarter plus one more calendar quarter.

So you should have at least 3 months and at most slightly less than 6 months after 200,000 to get the full credit.

After that the credit is cut in half for a time...

I am sure there will be an announcement and some fanfare when they hit 200,000.

Shawn

Reactions: Galve2000