Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X delivery time UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,
Placed my order for a Model X back in late January.
SPEC:
Model X Performance
Ludicrous Mode
Pearl White Multi-Coat
22" Onyx Black Wheels
All Black Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor
Six Seat Interior
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Free Unlimited Supercharging

Originally my delivery estimate was march, but I am still without a car. I imagine COVID would have caused some delay but I am having no luck getting any information directly from Tesla with regards to when I may be with a car. All they seem to say is "You are not currently matched to a vehicle so as soon as this occurs I will be able to confirm a delivery time frame." Anyone else in a similar situation? Any advice on how I can get a concrete update from Tesla about the status of the order? Its pretty frustrating, I have also ordered a Porsche Taycann turbo S and Porsche have kept me regularly updated at every stage.

I have also ordered a Porsche Taycann turbo S and Porsche have kept me regularly updated at every stage.

Very jealous, I'm pretty sure I want the Taycann as our next car purchase, but at £100k+ with options it's going to take a few years of saving up :).

Dont stress about Tesla, its how the company is run, just look fowards to the Taycann am sure you will love it.

Buying from Tesla is a bit like going to Alton Towers or Disneyland where they make you queue in a big zig-zag and just when you get to the front you discover another 45 min zig-zag around the corner.
The only difference is that Tesla don't put up a sign saying "Queue is 2 hrs from this point" but just say "Delivers next month"
It's a bit like the Full Self-Driving Capability you have ordered. It will be here by Christmas. Dunno which year, but by Christmas.
It's frustrating. Their total lack of communication is weird. Such an easy fix too.

All they seem to say is "You are not currently matched to a vehicle so as soon as this occurs I will be able to confirm a delivery time frame." Anyone else in a similar situation? Any advice on how I can get a concrete update from Tesla about the status of the order? Its pretty frustrating, I have also ordered a Porsche Taycann turbo S and Porsche have kept me regularly updated at every stage.

You are not currently matched is actually the status of your order. They do not build to order but instead build a batch of cars with a particular spec. If that batch happens to match your spec, and you are near enough the top of the waiting list to get one, then you will be matched with one of them. For Model 3, that matching process occurs at some point during the cars shipping. Model S and X have a different shipping method, shipped in pieces and reassembled in the Nederlands, so matching may not occur at same point. Until you are matched, you are merely an order in a queue of people with same spec car. How Tesla decide what batch of cars to manufacture is anyones guess, it seems to not be like other manufacturers where a car on a production line can be quite different to the next one.

• Informative
Reactions: DocA
Hey all,
SPEC:
Model X Performance
Ludicrous Mode
Pearl White Multi-Coat
22" Onyx Black Wheels
Six Seat Interior
Autopilot

Originally my delivery estimate was march, but I am still without a car. I imagine COVID would have caused some delay but I am having no luck getting any information directly from Tesla with regards to when I may be with a car. All they seem to say is "You are not currently matched to a vehicle so as soon as this occurs I will be able to confirm a delivery time frame." Anyone else in a similar situation? Any advice on how I can get a concrete update from Tesla about the status of the order? Its pretty frustrating, I have also ordered a Porsche Taycann turbo S and Porsche have kept me regularly updated at every stage.
I ordered my M X Performance in Midnight Silver (grey) on the 3rd February and have heard nothing since. There is no point contacting Tesla, they have no clue either. So just sit and wait.

Hey all,
SPEC:
Model X Performance
Ludicrous Mode
Pearl White Multi-Coat
22" Onyx Black Wheels
Six Seat Interior
Autopilot

From the update from Jason71 and my experience of getting an update from the dealer (i called them), it seems we should expect our cars early in September at the latest. Fingers crossed.

I noticed a load of Model S pop up in inventory yesterday. I saw one matching my spec so jumped on it and gave the RN to my lease company to do a swap over.

The site was showing the car was in London though, is this not correct? Where do we get delivery dates from?

I couldn't see a Model X with my wife's spec so as we only ordered that about 3 weeks ago we're expecting it in September.

From the update from Jason71 and my experience of getting an update from the dealer (i called them), it seems we should expect our cars early in September at the latest. Fingers crossed.
I noticed a load of Model S pop up in inventory yesterday. I saw one matching my spec so jumped on it and gave the RN to my lease company to do a swap over.

The site was showing the car was in London though, is this not correct? Where do we get delivery dates from?

I couldn't see a Model X with my wife's spec so as we only ordered that about 3 weeks ago we're expecting it in September.
it won't be in london probably. it is more likely on a boat. if you look in the HTML on the inventory page you can see the planned arrival date. I looked at a few X's today and they were all due to arrive between the 10th and 22nd of August e.g."ExpectedVesselArrivalDate":"2020-08-10T00:00:00"

@Jason71 how do you do that whizzy html thing?
it varies per browser but for Chrome open the page for the vehicle from the inventory then:
1) right click on the page and select "view page source" which will open a new tab with the HTML that is behind the page. embedded in it is lots of stuff that is not actually displayed on the page
2) click ctrl-F to open the chrome search feature
3) search for "ExpectedVesselArrivalDate"

if you are not using Chrome you will have to google how to "view source" on that browser but they can all do it on desktop

• Love
Reactions: DJP31
I think some of the 3rd party inventory sites used to show this for you so you didn’t have to dig around in html but can’t find it now, Wasnt there a thread on it but the dates were a few days out so disputed? Maybe have a look at the shipping thread

I’ve been given so many dates since March that turn out to be plucked out of thin air from my dealer Solihull, that I almost think it won’t be here until the end of the year.