Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, cool - can you quote/link? Does he seem reliable? VIN?

It's a closed group so I'm not sure if I can link it but here's his post:

"Got a call:
Tesla Model X Signature will arrive December 29.
Nothing like waiting 3 years for a car.
Tesla told me it would be tilted as a 2015. I said, I want it to be a 2016. 'Well, that's not the way Tesla does it. I then get a call back that all Tesla Model X Signatures will be titled as 2016's."

He says his VIN is 240.

I don't have a clue how reliable he is but he seems like.... well... anyway, here are some screen shots and I'll let folks make their own determinations.

Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 11.30.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 11.30.26 AM.png

Wow, seems like a dick.

Yeah, really. Wow.

Looking at the post it looks like at least 1 other person has also been told of their delivery date.

I spit my drink onto the screen when I read the comments about Model X costing 5x as much as a Toyota van, then bragging about owning exotic cars, and owning Toyota vans for decades. Couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes! :-D

Really?!

I've all but given up hope of delivery before the end of he year. Was kinda counting on the tax break this year, but whatayagonado.

Hmm, does it go by when you pay or when it's delivered? With the S, I had it delivered to my home so it had to be fully paid for before it got on the truck from the factory. Didn't matter since it got here in mid December, but I wonder if it had crossed to January would I have been able to claim for 2012?

Hmm, does it go by when you pay or when it's delivered? With the S, I had it delivered to my home so it had to be fully paid for before it got on the truck from the factory. Didn't matter since it got here in mid December, but I wonder if it had crossed to January would I have been able to claim for 2012?

When you pay.

Paid in Dec 2012, received in Jan 2013, got to claim the tax credit in 2012 and didn't have to pay excise tax until it was registered.
Best of both worlds.

When you pay.

Paid in Dec 2012, received in Jan 2013, got to claim the tax credit in 2012 and didn't have to pay excise tax until it was registered.
Best of both worlds.

Beautiful thing! Was pretty excited that it was unfolding that same way for X Sigs ..but looking less and less likely with every passing day. At least they'll be titles as 2016s.