Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my model x on 6/21. The car was great except for a ding and scratch on the hood and some minor issues. Took it back yesterday for the repairs and received a loaner. Went back today to pick it up after the repairs and the air conditioning is not working. The car has 100 miles on it, WTF? Had to leave it at the SC for that repair. Not a very good start. Thinking about contacting tesla corporate about this. Any thoughts?

I picked up my model x on 6/21. The car was great except for a ding and scratch on the hood and some minor issues. Took it back yesterday for the repairs and received a loaner. Went back today to pick it up after the repairs and the air conditioning is not working. The car has 100 miles on it, WTF? Had to leave it at the SC for that repair. Not a very good start. Thinking about contacting tesla corporate about this. Any thoughts?

How many miles did it have on it when you dropped it off? I'd assume this is less likely to happen at a Tesla service center since all the stats of the car are available to view if needed. I'd definitely talk to management. This is why I'm installing Blackvue cams in my car at delivery.

Funnily, I picked mine up less than 3 weeks ago and after a few days i was playing around... then for the next few days the A/C was so warm, I couldn't work out why... I hadn't realised you could have a fan on with no A/C and just get ambient warm air in a Tesla - it feels old fashioned! Probably not what has happened to you...

How many miles did it have on it when you dropped it off? I'd assume this is less likely to happen at a Tesla service center since all the stats of the car are available to view if needed. I'd definitely talk to management. This is why I'm installing Blackvue cams in my car at delivery.

The Blackvue will not help you at the Service Center. The first thing that happens when you drop off your car, they unplug any dash cam.

Doctor,

You should've been browsing this forum before buying a Tesla vehicle. Many cases like yours.
Good luck getting your issues resolved.

Doctor,

You should've been browsing this forum before buying a Tesla vehicle. Many cases like yours.
Good luck getting your issues resolved.

Forums tend to have a higher percentage of posts by owners with bad experiences.

If there were "many" cases of bad service experiences, we'd see the forum swamped with people reporting bad service, coupled with others chiming in with their own bad experiences.

A percentage of all service visits (Tesla and non-Tesla) will have bad experiences - with Tesla's high customer loyalty, if this was a common problem we'd see a lot more complaints online and Tesla's loyalty numbers would be much lower.

We just purchased our 3rd Tesla two weeks ago, and while the ownership experience hasn't been perfect, compared to our experience in owning previous ICE's, Tesla has and continues to provide us both great vehicles and relatively good support.

Reactions: K3Man
SC got back to me today. They said it was a module problem where the sequence of module activation was incorrect. Apparently the ac works now and I was assured that I shouldn't have another problem. While frustrating that my 2 week old car had a some issues, still love the car and the tech inside it.