TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X Design Studio Change

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by beths11, Jan 16, 2016.

1. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

Yesterday, I noticed the accessory hitch option returned to 1.25" from 2". The verbiage also changed back to "factory installed" from "installed at Service Center mid 2016".

2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Confounding isn't it?

3. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

As of today 1/18 the Accessory Hitch in the Design Studio is back to 2". It still says "Factory Installed", not sure if this is a change "Compatible with all 2" hitch mounted racks." They must be using a hitch pin?

4. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

72 A charging option added, no longer hidden.

5. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Thats a pretty big deal, why did they hide it from all of us early buyers?

6. MiddKid

MiddKid Member

Still hidden for me. I got invited to design yesterday and it doesn't show up.

7. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

Goneskiian actually posted a screen shot of it yesterday.

What is the highest reservation number to get invite to configure? - Page 34

- - - Updated - - -

I saw the discussion on the "Charging, Battery" thread. I have only had access to the design studio since 1/11 and have never used the Easter egg as I have no interest in the option.

8. Colby Boles

Colby Boles Member

Maybe there was a shortage of the 72A chargers for a while, but now that production is going slower than expected the supply of chargers can meet the demand? It seemed weird to me that Elon was quoted somewhere as saying that 72A was unnecessary - it seems like something he was told to say just to get people to order some of the cars without it.

I know in my own company we have had to resort to similar tactics when supply of an optional accessory is low. We try to hide the availability in some way so that the people who really need / want it, get it, while at the same time preventing people who just always buy every option from eating up the remaining supply of what is a crucial accessory for some. The last thing you want to do is let everyone know you are running low or people will begin hoarding...

9. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

It seems I found a bug since we haven't had anyone else confirm they see the option without the easter egg code.

Or, I'm just special.

No I don't really think that. Haha! ;-)

10. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

I mentioned in another thread that I see the 72 amp charger option in any browser. I just confirmed again. It's there in Chrome, Edge, IE and Firefox. No easter egg code needed.

11. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Thanks. Good to know I'm not special. Or crazy. ;-)

12. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

In the 72A thread, there was a spirited discussion for a while about whether the charger upgrade only "enabled" 72A charging, but the hardware was the same. No real information came out of that rumor, but the one spreading it was adamant!

13. MiddKid

MiddKid Member

Does anyone else imagine a group of psychologists standing behind the developers? Design Studio on one screen, TMC forums on the other.
    "Change the accessory hitch to 2 inches...change it back!...back again!"
    "Hide the 72A charger...show it...hide it..."
    "Change the name of that wheel"
    "Tweak that price"

All the while the psychologists furiously write notes as the forums light up with every change. We're all part of a big Cabin In The Woods-style experiment...

14. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

When did Tesla start hiring from Facebook? ;-)

15. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

I also see the 72A option when I go into the Design Studio, never used the "Easter Egg" option. Just went to the Design Studio, 72A option right below "Accessory Hitch" option.

16. MiddKid

MiddKid Member

I don't know why I'm somewhat fascinated by this...

Just to test I just opened up a brand new browser I never use, logged into the design studio, no 72A. Typed the easter egg, it showed up. Exited and went back in, no 72A option. So odd!

17. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

Just checked the design studio today, 2/8 and the accessory hitch has changed again. Still a 2" hitch but now it is a $200 option instead of free.

18. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

Did you clear your cache on your browser, shutdown the browser then restart it?

19. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

Tonight I went in to edit my proposed order (reserved, not ordered). It was cool that the design studio was upgraded a bit ago to remember my configuration. Tonight when I selected "edit my design" the design studio did not fully load. Hopefully it's just an error for tonight and will be working by the am. Just in case, anyone else having this issue?

20. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

I called Tesla this am. There are making changes to the Design Studio and are aware of the current issues. They hope to have it functioning again by late today or Sat.