TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X Design Studio live in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by pedantique, Jun 10, 2016.

1. pedantique

pedantique Member

I received an email this morning that we can now configure our Model X for delivery by late 2016 (18 months after reservation).

NSW on-road cash price ranges from A$147,137 for a 75D with no options to A$280,509 for a ludicrous P90D with every option.

2. Drewflux

Drewflux Member

Wow i wasn't expecting the X to land till '17 at the earliest. Give some hope for the M3 to be here sooner

• Like x 1
  3. BenT

BenT Member

I got my email too. I really want to look at the 6 and 5 seat versions before I configure. Is anybody really expecting delivery in 2016?

4. pedantique

pedantique Member

I am now that it is configured! Do you think the X teething issues will delay it?

5. ND100

ND100 Member

Which config did you go ahead with?

6. TesAus

TesAus Member

They were under no pressure to open up the configuration now rather than in say 3 months so I expect they are confident they can deliver. Either that or they enjoy placating angry customers...

7. pedantique

pedantique Member

Midpoint 90D with 7 seats.

8. PaulW

PaulW Member

Can't see why they don't option a 4 seat configuration!

9. ND100

ND100 Member

I'm looking at going ahead on the 90D with 6 seats (nice sweet spot of price/range/performance vs the P90D). Have you had any indications of insurance in Sydney? Looks like it's a pain to find insurers that add new model Teslas quickly to their systems.

10. pedantique

pedantique Member

I think you will need to wait until the Model X is actually close to delivery. IAG (NRMA) offered Model S insurance fairly early.

11. Xwing

Xwing Member

Having waited for so long for the Model X design studio to open I think I've decided to go for one of the new MS 60. I'm finding it hard to justify the premium on the X for a 7 seater with decent range and our XC 90 D is still going strong. Probably only need the 7 seats a few times a year and for that the XC is more than fine. Plan now is to get the S and then when the time comes to move on from the Volvo get the X then, perhaps even swap the S for a 3 at that time also? Anyway feeling good about the decision! Also still a little worried about the first Gen X.

A couple of quick questions though. I have the $6k deposit down for the X and also the $1500 for the 3 (incase i didn't have a tesla at the time of launch) but I'm pretty sure now I can just transfer both deposits in to the S with out being pushed to the back of the line on the 3 correct?

There's also the referral program that I can take advantage of too by the looks.

12. pedantique

pedantique Member

Make sense. The X ends up being very price.

My understanding is that you can get the deposit back, no questions asked.

Yes. Happy to send you a referral code if you PM me.

• Like x 1
  13. houdini

houdini Member

If I option up a base model 75D with 6 seats does anyone have thoughts on whether this will make it a 2017 at the earliest? I think the top models got delivered first in the US and base models may not even be getting delivered as of yet over there.

14. championi

championi Member

Hey guys, in relation to the design studio for the Model X, does that open up once you pay the reservation deposit or is there still a wait for the design studio to open up and configure?

15. SMSMD

SMSMD Member

Deposit ...wait 1 week...design studio opens up....order...1 week to make changes on your configuration...order confirms after 1 week..any changes after that will cost you extra (USD 500/)

16. championi

championi Member

How do you use the referral code for the Model X, it only allows a referral code for the Model S?

17. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Only guessing, but as the Model X is not yet fully open for anyone to configure in Australia the function is not yet available.

18. championi

championi Member

I have left a message for Nathan at Tesla (St Leonard's) and I'll see what he says.

19. championi

championi Member

So I did it!

I placed my reservation deposit down on the X. Now for the design studio to open up

20. NovoCasGreeny

NovoCasGreeny Member

Phase II of the championi household rEVolution?