Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Design Studio live in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an email this morning that we can now configure our Model X for delivery by late 2016 (18 months after reservation).

NSW on-road cash price ranges from A$147,137 for a 75D with no options to A$280,509 for a ludicrous P90D with every option.

I'm looking at going ahead on the 90D with 6 seats (nice sweet spot of price/range/performance vs the P90D). Have you had any indications of insurance in Sydney? Looks like it's a pain to find insurers that add new model Teslas quickly to their systems.
I think you will need to wait until the Model X is actually close to delivery. IAG (NRMA) offered Model S insurance fairly early.

Having waited for so long for the Model X design studio to open I think I've decided to go for one of the new MS 60. I'm finding it hard to justify the premium on the X for a 7 seater with decent range and our XC 90 D is still going strong. Probably only need the 7 seats a few times a year and for that the XC is more than fine. Plan now is to get the S and then when the time comes to move on from the Volvo get the X then, perhaps even swap the S for a 3 at that time also? Anyway feeling good about the decision! Also still a little worried about the first Gen X.

A couple of quick questions though. I have the $6k deposit down for the X and also the $1500 for the 3 (incase i didn't have a tesla at the time of launch) but I'm pretty sure now I can just transfer both deposits in to the S with out being pushed to the back of the line on the 3 correct?

There's also the referral program that I can take advantage of too by the looks.

Having waited for so long for the Model X design studio to open I think I've decided to go for one of the new MS 60. I'm finding it hard to justify the premium on the X for a 7 seater with decent range and our XC 90 D is still going strong. Probably only need the 7 seats a few times a year and for that the XC is more than fine. Plan now is to get the S and then when the time comes to move on from the Volvo get the X then, perhaps even swap the S for a 3 at that time also? Anyway feeling good about the decision! Also still a little worried about the first Gen X.

Make sense. The X ends up being very price.

A couple of quick questions though. I have the $6k deposit down for the X and also the $1500 for the 3 (incase i didn't have a tesla at the time of launch) but I'm pretty sure now I can just transfer both deposits in to the S with out being pushed to the back of the line on the 3 correct?

My understanding is that you can get the deposit back, no questions asked.

There's also the referral program that I can take advantage of too by the looks.

Yes. Happy to send you a referral code if you PM me.

Reactions: Xwing
If I option up a base model 75D with 6 seats does anyone have thoughts on whether this will make it a 2017 at the earliest? I think the top models got delivered first in the US and base models may not even be getting delivered as of yet over there.

Hey guys, in relation to the design studio for the Model X, does that open up once you pay the reservation deposit or is there still a wait for the design studio to open up and configure?

Deposit ...wait 1 week...design studio opens up....order...1 week to make changes on your configuration...order confirms after 1 week..any changes after that will cost you extra (USD 500/)