Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Design Studio live in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Have they given you an ETA? Design studio seems to be indicating 2017 for all models now.

The software limited 60kWh battery has also just appeared. $18k cheaper than the 75D option. No indication yet of how much to unlock it after delivery.

Finding it hard to pull the trigger on the X at the moment. Need to see the options in the flesh so hopefully they can get cars over here soon.

• Helpful
Reactions: houdini
Congrats! Have they given you an ETA? Design studio seems to be indicating 2017 for all models now.

The software limited 60kWh battery has also just appeared. $18k cheaper than the 75D option. No indication yet of how much to unlock it after delivery.

Finding it hard to pull the trigger on the X at the moment. Need to see the options in the flesh so hopefully they can get cars over here soon.
Go for a quick trip to San Francisco and take a test drive (it will be worth it). I did one last month.

Reactions: rowdy and championi

Thank you!
They haven't given me an eta, however it did say end of 2016. I think it will be early 2017.

It is hard to pull the trigger, even harder for me as I already have the MS. I'm glad I did though cause I have been so happy with the Model S and the X is an extension to what we already have. I think it will be great for road trips and just everyday use with the 3 kiddies!

I'd say just pull the trigger and don't look back. Once you have the Tesla in your garage you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner. They are awesome!

Reactions: rowdy

Are you basing the $18 on the US dollar equivalent? Can someone with access to the aussie configurator tell me the price here in Vic for the 60D?

Yes, for Victoria. Most other states are a bit cheaper (due to less stamp duty)

Keep in mind this is unoptioned. As soon as you start configuring it bumps up the price a bit. Switching from 5 seats to 6 seats brings in air suspension as a requirement and bumps the price $11k. I think most configurations that people select will add $30k-$40k in options.

Last edited:
Wow. After watching that video I'd tend to agree. 6 seats is the only decent option. That said it wouldn't surprise me if the middle row gets re-engineered in the next 6 months which should line up well with Australian deliveries

I confirmed 17th June and was told before end of 2016. Then on Monday spoke to my DS who said that RHD Founders/Signatures will be made first. Makes sense i suppose.
As far as i can tell i configed a production within 24hrs of the sig reservation holders in Aus and ive had my reservation for nearly a year. So i figure i am fairly close to front of the line. I also ordered P90D as these forums indicated that was needed to get up front of the line too.
Ultimately no idea. No VIN yet which is the real test of timing.

They tend to make th
When I reserved and confirmed, both times it stated delivery before the end of the year, when I spoke to Telsa last week they told me early next year.
They tend to make those destined for the other side of the world in the dying days of each quarter as those made then would not have been able to be delivered in time for the count. Mine was completed on new-year's eve (new-year's day here) and then took 77 days to get here :mad:

I confirmed 17th June and was told before end of 2016. Then on Monday spoke to my DS who said that RHD Founders/Signatures will be made first. Makes sense i suppose.
As far as i can tell i configed a production within 24hrs of the sig reservation holders in Aus and ive had my reservation for nearly a year. So i figure i am fairly close to front of the line. I also ordered P90D as these forums indicated that was needed to get up front of the line too.
Ultimately no idea. No VIN yet which is the real test of timing.
I get different stories from Brisbane and Sydney. Let us know if you hear anything concrete!