Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Design: Ugly or Sexy? Prius?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if you were given the X and S to pick from? which one would you pick?
Already made that choice when I put a deposit on an X in 2013 instead of buying an S. We're a one car family and the S didn't quite have what we needed in terms of passenger room.

In hindsight, had I known about the excessive delays, I might have gone for an S with rear-facing jump seats and happily driven that around until the point in the hopefully-not-too-distant future when we take delivery of our X.

-CB

Definitely X. I had put a deposit down on a S about 5 years ago and when the X was announced, I switched it to the X. Need a hitch and the ability to move sporting equipment around (and HomeDepot runs). At the time, I thought the X would be better suited to our lifestyle. I'm sure it will be once the redesigned 2nd row folding seats are announced. ;-)

X reminds me of a stormtropper.
View attachment 109972

From the rear, the X reminds me of a BMW GT.
View attachment 109974
I'm not compelled by the looks of the vehicle. The FWD, IMO, has limited functional benefits for my family's needs as a regular family mover.

S reminds me of a DB9 and offers the cargo space I need for the time-being. Looking forward to the 3 reveal!

I agree completely! BMW had high hopes for the GT, but it's proven to be wildly unpopular in the U.S. They sell a lot in China though. I am seriously concerned that once the initial launch euphoria wears off, the enthusiasm for the MX design will fade and sales will slow. I really think that they missed the mark here. That said, I think that a few minor design tweaks could significantly improve the design.

I have gotten used to it on the Model S, but I was never a fan of the gaping mouth grille look on Model X. I am extremely happy with the redux, which I believe is absolutely appropriate for an electric car. The change makes the Model X stunningly beautiful to me, and it is the only SUV/CUV in the class that is attractive, IMHO. The others all try too hard to be an homage to an impression of a tribute to Land Rover or Jeep vehicles that were 'new' designs when my Mom was in elementary school in the early-to-mid 1950s.

I also like the Renault Zoe:
2012-renault-zoe-electric-hatchback-photo-446877-s-520x318.jpg

2012-renault-zoe-electric-hatchback-photo-446895-s-520x318.jpg

2012-renault-zoe-electric-hatchback-photo-446883-s-520x318.jpg

I agree completely! BMW had high hopes for the GT, but it's proven to be wildly unpopular in the U.S. They sell a lot in China though. I am seriously concerned that once the initial launch euphoria wears off, the enthusiasm for the MX design will fade and sales will slow. I really think that they missed the mark here. That said, I think that a few minor design tweaks could significantly improve the design.
I think it'll do fairly well because of the TCO. It's pricey up front, but in the long run, I'd much rather spend ~$90k over ~200k miles on an X than on a loaded Odyssey or similar.