Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Dimension in Hong Kong --- what do you think?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dlwi291

Former Vendor
Dec 16, 2014
I believe hong kong is the world's most densely populated Tesla. I think the report says Tesla have somewhat sold over 1600 units of Model S.
With the Model X coming up and being a 7 seater, it will for sure sell like hot cakes .... but how practical is it in reality when the Falcon doors open up to 2.4m high?
Most public carpark are around 1.9m - 2.3m

The Model X is 93" which is 2.36m

Tesla X Dimensions.png

- - - Updated - - -

Found a good link of car parks around the world with pricing and height restrictions;

Hong Kong parking - Car Parks, Street Parking, Private Garages

Hi Revosport, I wouldn't worry so much about the falcon wings, we will get to see that when the demo car arrives in Hong Kong, and we will certainly make Tesla HK do the demo in low height car parks. We also have the estimate figure of Model S in Hong Kong which many of us agree on, please see Tracking progress of EVs into Hong Kong - Page 7.

As for car park map, once the X demo car has tried a few car parks in Hong Kong, I will add indicators to the Best Tesla Model S-friendly car park map http://goo.gl/rClkgh A collaborated effort by many many many existing Model S owners (map name will have to change by then).

I do hope so but the X being 1.62m with all doors close. I think 1.8m definitely a no go for the falcon doors since the hinge is designed to go upwards first.

Passenger will have to creep under the door to get out and if you're in a 1.9m car park, sensors will stop it from going further and avoid hitting the ceiling which is great but creeping out is not that cool.
Let's see how this develops .... no perfect world isn't it..

How Tesla Model X falcon wing door works! - YouTube

How Tesla Model X falcon wing door works    YouTube.png

I do hope so but the X being 1.62m with all doors close. I think 1.8m definitely a no go for the falcon doors since the hinge is designed to go upwards first.

Passenger will have to creep under the door to get out and if you're in a 1.9m car park, sensors will stop it from going further and avoid hitting the ceiling which is great but creeping out is not that cool.
Let's see how this develops .... no perfect world isn't it..

How Tesla Model X falcon wing door works! - YouTube

View attachment 97557

It is either height or width you need to have for those wings, with height, you get the perfect 90 degree expansion, with no height but width, you get an obtuse angle expansion. With neither of that, you shouldn't park in that space or even enter the car park, kind of similar concern for even Model S