Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Dimensions....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone measured the height beneath the fwd? Will I be able to walk under it without bumping my head (I`m 187cm)? Hard to tell from pictures, but looks promising!

Illustration from another thread:

attachment.php?attachmentid=107318&d=1452393601.jpg

Calthron, thanks for interesting pictures. The one view I' still dying to see is posted in wiki with no responses for some reason: Q: Picture of maximum flat area with 3rd row flat, 2nd row as far forward as possible? space between top of 3rd row seat back and back of 2nd row seats?
like this pic of yours picture but third row down second row full forward have you done that? TIA

Her are a couple of pics showing different seat configurations...Dimensions are from the silver threshold to the first thing the tape measure hits as it moves forward at that level..
As the second row can recline a bit, when you have it in the back position the dimension at shoulder height can vary...

With the second seat moved fully to the forward position the depth is 58.75" (Don't know if you can drive like this...seems there is a bug that requires seats back now??)
With the second seat moved fully to the rear position the depth is 45"
The minimum width is 38.25"

Forward Back.png
Up Down.png

thank you thank you thank you

Her are a couple of pics showing different seat configurations...Dimensions are from the silver threshold to the first thing the tape measure hits as it moves forward at that level..
As the second row can recline a bit, when you have it in the back position the dimension at shoulder height can vary...

With the second seat moved fully to the forward position the depth is 58.75" (Don't know if you can drive like this...seems there is a bug that requires seats back now??)
With the second seat moved fully to the rear position the depth is 45"
The minimum width is 38.25"

View attachment 107368View attachment 107369

kind of an important thing for me and seemed hard to get the views you provided so thanks so much. Am I wrong or is this way less than the the original prototype from 2 years ago? :frown:

kind of an important thing for me and seemed hard to get the views you provided so thanks so much. Am I wrong or is this way less than the the original prototype from 2 years ago? :frown:

It's way less, and has been discussed at exhaustive length in the 'does the 2nd row fold' thread. If you are looking for linear feet of storage, the MS is an excellent vehicle. MX will provide you more volumetric space and passenger comfort.

I got the towing package and will just use a trailer when necessary. It's not my perfect scenario, but it's a lot better than an ICE.

is that min width of 38.25 at the floor or at the "shoulder" brace-things? I'm investigating how large of a dog crate can fit in the back of the X. The one that I'm looking at specifically has a floor width of 39 but tapers in as you go up so hits 38.25 pretty fast.

is that min width of 38.25 at the floor or at the "shoulder" brace-things? I'm investigating how large of a dog crate can fit in the back of the X. The one that I'm looking at specifically has a floor width of 39 but tapers in as you go up so hits 38.25 pretty fast.

The measurement is at the floor...to fit a 39" wide crate, you might need to sit it on a 38" wide 1-2"high pedestal

thanks. So it tapers out and doesn't get narrower at any point above the floor? and is the floor to ceiling clearance available anywhere? It's a tall crate also.

I guess it depends on how deep it is...because at some point the height is limited by the hatch....
I can tell you I bought the tote below at Home Depo to carry wet dive gear and in order to make it fit lengthwise
(with the middle seats moved to their most forward seated position - but not using the "slide" button move the seats to access the 3rd row)
I had to trim about 1" of the length of the top rim back on one end. And when the tote was is the car, it barely fit vertically when the hatch closed

If you give me all the dimeensions of the crate, I could do a check tomorrow to see if it would fit...

Tote.jpg

HDX 55 Gal. Storage Tote in Black

Dimensions
Product Depth (in.)

Product Width (in.)
Product Height (in.)

I'm specifically looking at the variocage double XL. We have a Bernese mt dog and are considering a second. The double XL will fit in the back of our GL350, and I'm curious to know whether it would fit in the back of a model X. This website has very detailed crate dimensions.

https://4x4northamerica.com/measuring-your-vehicle-for-variocage/#measurement

I get my car back tomorrow night..I'll tale a look and let you know....
Can you remove the "bolts" to create the thinner W4 profile? the 38.97" W1 will likely required a pedestal and might hit height limitations
Of course you could just force it in by then you might do some damage to the interior side panels an edit might fit..I'll measure and let you know....

I'm specifically looking at the variocage double XL. We have a Bernese mt dog and are considering a second. The double XL will fit in the back of our GL350, and I'm curious to know whether it would fit in the back of a model X. This website has very detailed crate dimensions.

https://4x4northamerica.com/measuring-your-vehicle-for-variocage/#measurement

I did some measurements and the 00364 - Double (XL) Variocage will not fit....
Not only is it a bit too wide (X width at folded seat level is only 38.25 (see pic) and you'd need almost a 6" pedestal to get the opening to be 39" since the taper is so low (see pic)

The height is also limited to 26.5" in the X and the height of that big cage is 28.14....with a 6" pedestal, you'd only have 20.5" of height

It looks like the biggest you might be able to accommodate is the 00361 - Double (L) Variocage...but it will be very close.....
The only way it might fit is putting the cage in 90 degrees from the normal position (length of the cage in the X width dimension)

With the middle seats in the forward and forward tilted position (but still in the latched position) so someone could potentially sit there
I measured height of the X at the upper corner of the cage...
I calculated the depth dimension as being about 35.7" back (38.97" base width minus half of the width of the delta between the base width and the top width (1/2(38.97-32.28") )
as there is some taper at the top of the cage....

The height of the interior of the X at that location is just almost exactly 25.6" (the exact height of the cage)....See pic below
You could probably telescope the length of the cageto the total width of the X (38.25...but there might be some curvature to the glass that would
start having to interaction between the glass and the corner of the cage...

In any case it would be a really really close ...again all seats moved to forward latched position...

If you don't need anyone in the second row and can drive with the seats in "cargo mode" with them unlatched and fully tilt forward it should fit fine...

Hope this helps...

height.png
tilting.png
width tape.png