Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X does not recognize charge cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have been charging my new X/LR at home in Vt, on my 48AMP CCS charger (using J1772 adapter) since getting delivery 12/27. Today, at zero Fahrenheit, I got home, inserted the charge cable, and - nothing. The pale blue ring light went out, then no lights at all; phone app showed not connected. Tried several more times and eventually got a dark blue ring light. But phone app still shows not connected. Checked obvious things like snow in the plug, etc. Seems clean. What to do next? I have 60% charge so not desperate at the moment. But it is -20 now and so we'll use a bunch of power tomorrow if we have to warm up the car on the battery. Anybody else have this recently? (I know there were a bunch of charge cable issues a year ago, that seemed to have been software related, and resolved.) Thanks for your help!

Have been charging my new X/LR at home in Vt, on my 48AMP CCS charger (using J1772 adapter)
By the way, just to help you out so you don't confuse people with continuing this wrong terminology:
You don't have a CCS charger at home. CCS means "combined charging system", and it is the very fast direct DC charging, like Superchargers and CHAdeMO, which cost several tens of thousands of dollars. You definitely don't have one at your house.

That is just a J1772 station. The actual CCS handles are for DC charging only, and you can't put a J1772 adapter on them to get slower AC charging.