TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model X door reopening when walking away

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Enz295, Feb 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Enz295

Enz295 Member

Does anybody has that issue?
    You close the driver's door, start walking away, and it cracks open almost immediately.
    This does not happen all the time. But now it forces me to stay away from the car to make sure the mirrors will fold and the car will lock. Annoying...

2. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Same for me, very intermittant but also the auto open only works when you come from the front toward the drivers door. If you come from the rear of the car it never auto opens.

3. chadcristi

chadcristi Member

Same here. I’ve come out on two occasions and the driver’s door is open slightly. Seems like it has done it when I close the door manually and walk away toward the front of the vehicle. My guarantee has been a triple tap of the top center button on the keyfob. This ensures the doors are all closed and causes the feature that opens on approach to disable momentarily giving me time to get away.

4. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Supporting Member

I use automatic doors every day and so far no issues. You all may want to visit Tesla SC to check sensors.

5. Martin VanB

Martin VanB Member

Happens to me too, It started after a software update.

6. psgabin

psgabin Member

on occasion sometimes but I felt it was key in my pocket getting pushed against by something

7. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

8. chadcristi

chadcristi Member

#8 chadcristi, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Key fob in the pocket has definitely been an issue. My Dad called me this morning stating that his FWD opened unexpectedly when he was standing outside of his Model X. His solution is to start carrying his key in a different pocket. I do not believe these unintended openings are a result of defective sensors or hardware. The automatic opening doors on MX are unique and do take some getting used to. For example, if you have the automatic door feature activated, you learn to avoid walking past the driver's side when you simply want to walk past the vehicle. Otherwise, by design, you are greeted with an open door each time. Once you experience and master the use of these doors, however, you really feel like something is wrong when you drive a car that doesn't have the feature.

9. chadcristi

chadcristi Member

• Like x 1
  10. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

After almost 2 years of ownership, this just started happening to me last month (3 incidences so far) after the recent OTA update (4.1). This appears to be the exact same thing that happened to Elon Musk on stage at the Model-X reveal in Sept 2015. Feels like an old bug. I'm sure it'll get fixed in an upcoming OTA update.