Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Drivetrain Service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought my first Tesla for the family. A 2019 Model X Long Range (Raven)

I bought it from a private party and it had 70k miles on it. Its in pretty good condition but I did a few things to it myself as I try to do preventative maintenance on all my vehicles. I replaced the rotors and pads, and swapped out the 12 Volt battery with an OEM one.

I wanted to know if anyone had information regarding service for the drive motors in the front and rear. I’ve seen the fluid replaced just like a differential on a gas car but didn’t have details around the time when this should be performed or what type of fluid should be used. Any information is much appreciated.

I don't know the answer to your question buy you can refer to the Tesla Service Manual here: Tesla Service
You will have to sign in with your Tesla credentials. You should check it out soon as my recollection (and I hope I am wrong) is that Tesla allowed access to this only until March of this year.

I just read for this service, the car requires a filter ( part #1095038-00-A) and Pentosin ATF 9 fluid. The article also claims that Tesla used to recommend this service after year 1,5, and 9 but since has removed this service from their recommendations for service. Thinking about doing this as I believe all fluid breaks down over time and I’m finding it hard to believe that the fluid can be good forever.

I believe I will once I work up the nerve and triple confirm I have the right filter, fluid type and amount. I just don’t won’t to waste the time getting under the car and not have the right parts for the job.

If you find anything that confirms I’m right on the filter part number and fluid type for the 2019 Longe Range Model X, please let me know. Once I’m certain, I will move forward with the job and post the findings on how to do it.

@bin01123

You may need to do HV Battery Coolant - Drain and Refill and also
Cooling System (Check and Fill) ? Check with Tesla Service center. Heard that lot of 2019 MX batteries died and replaced.
Don't know your battery is already replaced by the previous owner, check with them and post the status. My friend's 27K miles MX 2019 battery replaced on 04/03/2023!

@bin01123

You may need to do HV Battery Coolant - Drain and Refill and also
Cooling System (Check and Fill) ? Check with Tesla Service center. Heard that lot of 2019 MX batteries died and replaced.
Don't know your battery is already replaced by the previous owner, check with them and post the status. My friend's 27K miles MX 2019 battery replaced on 04/03/2023!
I wish there was a way to find out. The previous owner is no help.