Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Easter Eggs and their cultural importance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been slowly exploring the Tesla Model X easter eggs and finally had the courage to click the "More Cowbells" icon, in which you have to activiate it while in autopilot, and pulling back on the autopilot stalk 4 times. This turns on the "Rainbow Road" and then Blue Oyster Cult's music starts playing "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" with prominent cowbells, but then it stops and a conversation ensues and someone energetically yells "More Cowbells!"

I did not understand the significance of this but a quick search takes me to the More Cowbells Wiki page that explains it:

"More Cowbell"[a] is a comedy sketch that aired on Saturday Night Live on April 8, 2000. The sketch is presented as an episode of VH1's documentary series Behind the Music that fictionalizes the recording of the song "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult. The sketch featured guest host Christopher Walken as music producer "The Bruce Dickinson", and regular cast member Will Ferrell, who wrote the sketch with playwright Donnell Campbell, as fictional cowbell player Gene Frenkle, whose overzealous playing annoys his bandmates but pleases producer Dickinson. The sketch also starred Chris Parnell as Eric Bloom, Jimmy Fallon as Albert Bouchard, Chris Kattan as Buck Dharma and Horatio Sanz as Joe Bouchard.

The sketch is often considered one of the greatest SNL sketches ever made, and in many "best of" lists regarding SNL sketches, it is often placed in the top ten, being ranked number nine by Rolling Stone.[3] As a result of its popularity, "more cowbell" became an American pop culture catchphrase.

And for your emjoyment, the original skit:

And now you know!

Mike P

I have been slowly exploring the Tesla Model X easter eggs and finally had the courage to click the "More Cowbells" icon, in which you have to activiate it while in autopilot, and pulling back on the autopilot stalk 4 times. This turns on the "Rainbow Road" and then Blue Oyster Cult's music starts playing "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" with prominent cowbells, but then it stops and a conversation ensues and someone energetically yells "More Cowbells!"

I did not understand the significance of this but a quick search takes me to the More Cowbells Wiki page that explains it:

"More Cowbell"[a] is a comedy sketch that aired on Saturday Night Live on April 8, 2000. The sketch is presented as an episode of VH1's documentary series Behind the Music that fictionalizes the recording of the song "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult. The sketch featured guest host Christopher Walken as music producer "The Bruce Dickinson", and regular cast member Will Ferrell, who wrote the sketch with playwright Donnell Campbell, as fictional cowbell player Gene Frenkle, whose overzealous playing annoys his bandmates but pleases producer Dickinson. The sketch also starred Chris Parnell as Eric Bloom, Jimmy Fallon as Albert Bouchard, Chris Kattan as Buck Dharma and Horatio Sanz as Joe Bouchard.

The sketch is often considered one of the greatest SNL sketches ever made, and in many "best of" lists regarding SNL sketches, it is often placed in the top ten, being ranked number nine by Rolling Stone.[3] As a result of its popularity, "more cowbell" became an American pop culture catchphrase.

And for your emjoyment, the original skit:

And now you know!

Mike P

Theres actually several that arent "shown" also..

Name your car: 42
(Gives your car a special name, reference from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy)

On the screen that shows your easter eggs, hold press the image of your car, after about 10 seconds you will see a group photo of the original tesla workers who worked on that model car.

Theres a few others...

So have fun searching ;)

Oh, yes! I have done that. And I have run the mileage in the car down to 121 miles left and then tapped the battery on the Tesla app and turned it into the 1.21 GW charger for the time circuits! Homage to back to the future! Even the Tesla employees dont' know about that!

Reactions: GalaxySurfer