Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Energy Consumption Rate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i need to drive up hill to arrive the gate and further going up for several floors to arrive my parking slot. but i have a lot of high ways which should offset it. i try to be more gentle on the accelerator and use more regen. see how it goes.

I'm at average 300 wh/km 90D with 20" wheels on my MX which seems high as we drive up/down due to area where we live.

However yesterday i noticed for a trip from Central to North Point at peak hours (heavy traffic), it went upto 437 wh/km. I am worried what would happen during summer if u are stuck with low battery in traffic and aircon running?

At 90% i get about 354 typical but rated figure shows about 100 km more.

However yesterday i noticed for a trip from Central to North Point at peak hours (heavy traffic), it went upto 437 wh/km. I am worried what would happen during summer if u are stuck with low battery in traffic and aircon running?

How high was the AC running? Battery drain seems on the high side, even if you were stuck in traffic.
The only time I ever exceed 300-350wh/ km is when i go uphill very quickly.
My typical average is well below 300 on model S

How high was the AC running? Battery drain seems on the high side, even if you were stuck in traffic.
The only time I ever exceed 300-350wh/ km is when i go uphill very quickly.
My typical average is well below 300 on model S

No AC at that time. Actually MX consumes more than MS due to heavy weight so definitely higher but that much high??? Long queue with bumber to bumper from Admiralty till causewaybay

Funny I talked with a new model x owner at a supercharger.

She was complaining the range wasn't great. (X75).
I looked at her dashboard and it showed energy consumption of more than 300w/km.

My s60 is half that at 150w/km when I drive carefuly and about 200 when drive more agressively...

Seems the x is not so efficient. A lot less efficient than the 10% drop in range advertised by tesla.

Reactions: mkq786
My X, on 22" wheels, with no aircon or heating, gets around 300wh/km in hilly, heavy traffic commutes of about 8km. Depending on exactly how I drive it will be anywhere from 280-330 for the journey.

For longer distances, like out to Yuen Long and back, I averaged well under 200. I think the best I got was down around 170.

No AC at that time. Actually MX consumes more than MS due to heavy weight so definitely higher but that much high??? Long queue with bumber to bumper from Admiralty till causewaybay

One of the advantages of EV's are that unlike ICE, bumper to bumper traffic shouldn't eat into battery usage as much compared to fuel.

My X, on 22" wheels, with no aircon or heating, gets around 300wh/km in hilly, heavy traffic commutes of about 8km. Depending on exactly how I drive it will be anywhere from 280-330 for the journey.

For longer distances, like out to Yuen Long and back, I averaged well under 200. I think the best I got was down around 170.

Nice to know it is possible to go a lot lower than 300

Reactions: mkq786