Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Enhanced Auto Pilot (EAP) Not Showing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody else purchased the EAP option for their MX? I purchased it about 5 hours ago, and when I go to the software menu of my X, it shows that I have the EAP package, however, I don't have any new options under my autopilot menu, such as summon or navigate on autopilot, and I the app does not show summon for the X. I do have it connected to wifi.

I tried multiple soft reboots and even a power down from the safety menu. Has anybody else experienced this or have any tips? In the app, I can see that I have purchased EAP as well as having the email receipt (and of course the X software menu showing I have the Enhanced Autopilot package).

Service did something on their side - probably did another OTA - and all options are now appearing as expected. I upgraded while I was supercharging - I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Either way, I'm good to go - and if this happens to anybody else, just give service a call, and they should be able to fix it VERY quickly.

Reactions: spaghetti
I’m trying to justify purchasing the EAP, honestly it’s just convincing the wife. I drive long distances once a week and it’s slightly annoying to take the AP off to change lanes. I don’t really care for stop light/sign recognition. Why did you purchase it?

I’m trying to justify purchasing the EAP, honestly it’s just convincing the wife. I drive long distances once a week and it’s slightly annoying to take the AP off to change lanes. I don’t really care for stop light/sign recognition. Why did you purchase it?

Sit tight, i heard today that FSD will be an option for monthly subscription. Pay per use. Which is awesome!

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA

We have a Model 3 that we purchased in 2018 that has EAP. When we bought the X in 2020, we did not purchase FSD as I didn't want to pay that much for mostly vaporware and a technology that I think has way too many variables and edge cases to trust for city driving for quite some time.

Having EAP on the 3 and knowing how nice Navigate on Autopilot is along with the automatic lane change is what made me really want to get it for our new primary vehicle that does 90% of the driving. We recently drove from AZ to FL - both Teslas - and the X was SO annoying constantly flipping autopilot on and off for 2,000 miles to get around people (loud dun dun chime as you pass somebody when turning autopilot off, and then another loud dun dun chime turning it back on got REALLY annoying - especially with children trying to sleep in the back).

To me, it made sense to have our true luxury vehicle - that also sees the most driving time by far - to have EAP for $4K, just like our 3 already has with the features that we actually do use quite a bit.

Reactions: Jetwash08
We have a Model 3 that we purchased in 2018 that has EAP. When we bought the X in 2020, we did not purchase FSD as I didn't want to pay that much for mostly vaporware and a technology that I think has way too many variables and edge cases to trust for city driving for quite some time.

Having EAP on the 3 and knowing how nice Navigate on Autopilot is along with the automatic lane change is what made me really want to get it for our new primary vehicle that does 90% of the driving. We recently drove from AZ to FL - both Teslas - and the X was SO annoying constantly flipping autopilot on and off for 2,000 miles to get around people (loud dun dun chime as you pass somebody when turning autopilot off, and then another loud dun dun chime turning it back on got REALLY annoying - especially with children trying to sleep in the back).

To me, it made sense to have our true luxury vehicle - that also sees the most driving time by far - to have EAP for $4K, just like our 3 already has with the features that we actually do use quite a bit.

Am in the same situation as you with a 2018 M3 w/ EAP and 2019 MX w/ no FSD....pulled the trigger with the EAP upgrade last week for the MX...was a no-brainer.