Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Estimated Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there! New to Tesla and the forum. We ordered our MX LRP on June 29th and when we ordered the site said an 8-12 week estimated delivery. Around last week the estimated delivery time changed for all the cars (at least in our area in Florida) to 4-8 weeks. We messaged our SA asking if ours would change since we ordered after the change and they said most likely it will be sooner than the 8-12. Currently on our account our estimated delivery is blank.

We filled out all the details on our account and are just waiting for our VIN to get insurance. What is usually the ordering process like? From what I’ve been reading there really isn’t much communication between us and the SA and it looks like our next communication would be a VIN assignment and then after that a request to schedule delivery?

Curious to hear other’s ordering process, how long it took, and all the communication that happened. Thanks - excited to join the Tesla and EV community.

So it’ll probably be a bit different timeline given you are in FL, and only ~3 weeks in to the quarter, but here’s a point of reference- I’m in SoCal and ordered my MX LR+ on June 2, received a text from an advisor a few hours later that was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the following week. Had VIN assigned around 6/5 and 6/6 a Tesla text (not advisor) that car was enroute to delivery center and to schedule delivery. Through the link provided, I was able to schedule delivery for that Monday, 6/8 and did so. Sunday afternoon I got a call from the delivery center, super nice girl, saying that sees I’m scheduled for delivery at 4pm on Monday and the vehicle was scheduled to arrive that morning so they were a little worried them at they wouldn’t have enough time to prep
It for delivery and warned me it might need to be pushed to Tuesday but would call Monday to confirm. Monday they call and say that they can indeed deliver it Monday afternoon so I go get it and all was good! You read about some horror stories here- not sure if I just got lucky, but I definitely was very pleased with the communication and performance of the Tesla delivery team! No doubt the trip from Fremont to FL will probably throw a bit uncertainty into the process, but good luck!!

So it’ll probably be a bit different timeline given you are in FL, and only ~3 weeks in to the quarter, but here’s a point of reference- I’m in SoCal and ordered my MX LR+ on June 2, received a text from an advisor a few hours later that was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the following week. Had VIN assigned around 6/5 and 6/6 a Tesla text (not advisor) that car was enroute to delivery center and to schedule delivery. Through the link provided, I was able to schedule delivery for that Monday, 6/8 and did so. Sunday afternoon I got a call from the delivery center, super nice girl, saying that sees I’m scheduled for delivery at 4pm on Monday and the vehicle was scheduled to arrive that morning so they were a little worried them at they wouldn’t have enough time to prep
It for delivery and warned me it might need to be pushed to Tuesday but would call Monday to confirm. Monday they call and say that they can indeed deliver it Monday afternoon so I go get it and all was good! You read about some horror stories here- not sure if I just got lucky, but I definitely was very pleased with the communication and performance of the Tesla delivery team! No doubt the trip from Fremont to FL will probably throw a bit uncertainty into the process, but good luck!!

Thanks for sharing your ordering process! I also heard the first few weeks of the quarter are for getting international deliveries out so that probably plays into the timing. Hope you are enjoying your MX! I can’t wait to get it.