Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X event e-mail sent out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well... I gotten an email from TM about the event and I think I am going. Model X is definitely for me as I need a 4WD around the (Austrian) Alps. My old SUZUKI Vitara is still in the Garage and will have to last until the "X" is available.
PS: Hope that some guys from the old continent can join me... with a stop-over at Las V. ;-)

They can have test rides starting at 7PM and then Elon Musk can drive it on stage at 8PM.

Rides of the X? I can't see them ruining the big unveil by letting people in and around the vehicle beforehand. I think dadaleus is probably right, they'll leave an hour for snacks and for folks to get in and warm up, then do the unveil. Any activities will likely happen AFTER the official unveiling. I just need to stay away from the internet the day before. I'd hate to go all that way only to have something leak and learn about it in the hotel room.

I thought I read somewhere they were going to be giving rides in it?????

Yeah, not that hard to believe. At the Model S premiere they had a clay, an early prototype, a non working (white car) and a silver one they gave group rides in.

Similar with the Roadster. Two driving cars (one at a time) and the black buck on the floor.

Yeah, not that hard to believe. At the Model S premiere they had a clay, an early prototype, a non working (white car) and a silver one they gave group rides in.

Similar with the Roadster. Two driving cars (one at a time) and the black buck on the floor.

Happy for everyone if I'm wrong...as Tesla sent out hundreds, if not thousands, of invites it's hard to see how they could give rides without a schedule. If they've got so many cars and can handle lots of people, why do it in LA instead of Fremont?

Happy for everyone if I'm wrong...as Tesla sent out hundreds, if not thousands, of invites it's hard to see how they could give rides without a schedule. If they've got so many cars and can handle lots of people, why do it in LA instead of Fremont?
Wasn't the Model S launch in New York or somewhere inside just around a small oval track? Maybe it'll be something that simple and quick in order to get through everyone. They'll probably have a lot less people than the October event as well. They wanted to show off their new design studio in LA so I assume that's why they picked that location.

Wasn't the Model S launch in New York or somewhere inside just around a small oval track? Maybe it'll be something that simple and quick in order to get through everyone. They'll probably have a lot less people than the October event as well. They wanted to show off their new design studio in LA so I assume that's why they picked that location.

Model S was unveiled at pretty much the same (Space X, Hawthorne) facility back in March, 2009: Tesla Model S Sports Sedan Unveiled at Rocket Laboratory | SPIKE

Yes, they did give group rides back then. Not sure if that was only for a select subset of all event invitees that day though.