Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X event e-mail sent out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the Model S premiere they had a clay, an early prototype, a non working (white car) and a silver one they gave group rides in.

I think it will be very similar with the Model X.

I would think the first hour from 7-8pm would be a major buzzkill if you can't see anything Model X related. I would expect to see at least the vehicles out in the open for gawking.

But I have heard from multiple sources that there will be test rides in the Model X. Analysts that attended the 12/22 event reportedly rode in the Model X at that time.

a
I have the RSVP invite.:biggrin: Thanks to all those who offered me a guest spot!

Now my wife can go and be bored by my EV tech rambling.

I assumed you'd be offered a guest spot (which you don't need now), so I was going to offer your wife my guest spot (once I confirmed I could go, which I did today, so I'll see you both there!).

Whew. Glad that's settled.

Last edited:
My UK trip is now delayed by a few weeks (called that one!), so I'll definitely be attending. I was just looking at flight options. :)

Timing might be difficult to eat in Malibu, if we want to be in Hawthorne by 7pm. (You might want to try Nobu's on Friday night.) I can make some recommendations closer to the Tesla facility - then we won't have to deal with traffic. I'll pick a couple and start a new thread this evening.

Timing might be difficult to eat in Malibu, if we want to be in Hawthorne by 7pm. (You might want to try Nobu's on Friday night.) I can make some recommendations closer to the Tesla facility - then we won't have to deal with traffic. I'll pick a couple and start a new thread this evening.
Something close by would be nice. Thanks for working on this!

My UK trip is now delayed by a few weeks (called that one!), so I'll definitely be attending. I was just looking at flight options. :)

This place is open at 4, and has pretty good reviews. I'd lean toward French, Japanese or Mexican if I had my druthers.

Il Fornaio - Manhattan Beach
1800 Rosecrans Ave.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266

I'll call my sister in a bit -she's lived in the Manhattan Beach/Redondo area for most of her adult life & should be able to offer some suggestions. We'll need a place with easy parking. I also assume most will want oceanfront dining. Not everyone likes Japanese (I do, but ...). I'll get a few ideas. There are also many good restaurants in Marina Del Rey, right on the water, which would put us about 11 miles from Hawthorne.

I seriously disliked Tony P's the one time I was talked into meeting friends there. Manhattan Beach has a bunch of good local places, with the added benefit of being slightly closer to Hawthorne. Will get the list together, with description, for input.

If I had my way, we'd all be going to Baby Blues BBQ in Venice, but I don't think everyone wants to sit on curb. :)

Last night's tweet from Elon: Yes, we will unveil a fully functional advanced prototype of the Model X -- almost identical to production.

Yay! (that's from me, not Elon)

Haha, Elon doesn't strike me as a Yay-er, but I'll Yay with you. I wonder if this means it's further along than the S we rode in back in 2009 (compared to what's on the road now). I guess it would have to be since the production would have to be locked in about a year and 7-8 months from now.