Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X event e-mail sent out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha, Elon doesn't strike me as a Yay-er, but I'll Yay with you. I wonder if this means it's further along than the S we rode in back in 2009 (compared to what's on the road now). I guess it would have to be since the production would have to be locked in about a year and 7-8 months from now.

It's pretty obvious that they are in a better position now to build a highly realistic prototype. The Model S prototype was built on top of another manufacturer's frame; it only looked like a Model S. The Model X prototype is derived directly from Model S. So it could be extremely close to the production design.

It's pretty obvious that they are in a better position now to build a highly realistic prototype. The Model S prototype was built on top of another manufacturer's frame; it only looked like a Model S. The Model X prototype is derived directly from Model S. So it could be extremely close to the production design.

Exactly I imagine the Model X is mechanically a Model S with a lift kit and a Full wagon body. I imagine the finished product will have AWD (probably as an option, maybe with a Sport package), but I bet the prototype is RWD.

Will Model X have the same chassis as Model S or is it going to be completely different aluminum body panels?

I mean something like Audi AllRoad being the same as Audi A6 Avant with different plastic parts, Quattro and more ride-hight?

Based on the 'skateboard' platform I see the car as a unibody/body bolted to the battery chassis. I imagine that it is a new body, and body panels to make it truck like on top of a lifted skateboard. And possibly AWD for the demo, and certainly for the production model (probably as part of a performance/sport option).

EDIT: I mean to say that is the concept. I am fully aware there are lots of complications, and details that make this much easier said than done.