Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Exceeded Charge limit last night...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interestingly, my Model X exceeded its user set 90% max charge limit. Instead, it charged to about 95% on its own, which is interesting, and the first time it's down so after about 50 or so overnight charges. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if this is a software glitch with the V 8.1 2017.34 2448cfc software installed at the SC week before last. Ultimately, I want to make sure I don't have an issue with my battery.

Interestingly, my Model X exceeded its user set 90% max charge limit. Instead, it charged to about 95% on its own, which is interesting, and the first time it's down so after about 50 or so overnight charges. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if this is a software glitch with the V 8.1 2017.34 2448cfc software installed at the SC week before last. Ultimately, I want to make sure I don't have an issue with my battery.
Its begun-- AI has taken over, and determined you will need more mileage today. Do not question it, just keep driving...

It has happened at least once before, on another thread.

If it was happening more I'd think it could be a periodic battery rebalance, which requires charging well over 90%. But it seems more like a bug. I've never had it happen in nearly 6 months of daily charging.

TeslaFi has many great features, one is reminding to plug at night if someone forgot & the other an alert if charge has exceeded a percentage, in my case 94%.

TeslaFi.com
Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 3.39.49 PM.png

TeslaFi has many great features, one is reminding to plug at night if someone forgot & the other an alert if charge has exceeded a percentage, in my case 94%.

TeslaFi.comView attachment 248075
Definitely going to remember to set that up in TeslaFi. Excellent way to know if the car isn't obeying!
TeslaFi is an excellent $50/year investment in knowing what is going on with the car.