Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X excessive data usage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just accepted delivery of an inventory Model X 100D that had a deep discount even though it only had 45 miles on the ODO. Decided to fly down to Tempe, AZ to pick it up instead of paying $2,000 to have it transported since 2 flights and 2 hotel nights was $800. Drove it back to Seattle over 3 days. Fun drive and had a blast... working on a post now.

So the car has been home for a week as of today (almost exactly as I write this). I hooked our car up to our wifi as soon as we got home to make sure we get the latest firmware. Since then the car has uploaded a whopping 13.6GB of data. I know they are sharing AP data and we heavily used AP on the way back from Tempe but this seems like a lot of data. At this rate the car will be using over 50 GB per month.

Anyone have any similar stories? Not sure if this is a backlog of data from the 1,700 mile road trip or if this is from our daily 50 mile (round trip) commute.

EDIT: In case people are wondering the images come from the Ubiquiti Unifi networking setup. Technically meant for small/medium commercial installations we have a large 3 floor house and needed some high end networking equipment.

Album: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

vcYM3xS.png

A few weeks ago I started logging on my pfSense with darkstat because I was curious. It's a MX 100D that I use AP on frequently. In 21 days I'm at 850/2GB. So yeah, 13.6GB seems a bit out of band. But maybe as a new car it uploads a bunch at first.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 56