Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Extended warranty and price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2-Year Extended Service Agreement (25k miles)
$2,400: Purchased within 180 days
$2,900: Purchased after 180 days

4-Year Extended Service Agreement (50k miles)
$4,800: Purchased within 180 days
$5,300: Purchased after 180 days

Unsure if its available buying used, but for sure available new. Also a $250 deductible

Extended Service Agreement

thanks for sharing. My questions:

1). Can these be purchased if a Tesla is bought used via a private 3rd party? I may need to call the service center and ask. Also, does the extended warranty price stay the same until you purchase regardless of miles or is there some cut off?

2). I presume this extended warranty starts AFTER the 4 year / 50,000 mile original warranty expires, correct? It would be odd if the original and extended warranties ran in parallel.

You need to buy before 4yrs/50k of original warranty, it will then start once original is over. Buying before 6 months of ownership gets you the discount. I know if you buy CPO from Tesla you get the 2yrs 25k, but also I’m sure you can add 2yrs ESP to make it 4yrs. If you buy third party as long as its still under warranty you can still buy extended after Tesla does their inspection to make sure it qualifies. Better call head office and double check.

You need to buy before 4yrs/50k of original warranty, it will then start once original is over. Buying before 6 months of ownership gets you the discount. I know if you buy CPO from Tesla you get the 2yrs 25k, but also I’m sure you can add 2yrs ESP to make it 4yrs. If you buy third party as long as its still under warranty you can still buy extended after Tesla does their inspection to make sure it qualifies. Better call head office and double check.

Thanks for the feedback. I will surely call the Tesla service center and get their feedback as I’m still under the original Tesla manufacturer warranty. I may hit the 4 year mark in terms of time well before hitting 50,000 miles so it will be nice to add the extended warranty post inspection.

Reactions: wreighven