Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X external transponder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mounted my external transponder in the front part of the frunk and find that it works great in New Hampshire but only half the time in Massachusetts. But I'm not getting any tickets as a result, so I'm fine until a better solution is found.

Anyone else?

I mounted my external transponder in the front part of the frunk and find that it works great in New Hampshire but only half the time in Massachusetts. But I'm not getting any tickets as a result, so I'm fine until a better solution is found.

Anyone else?
I did try that; taped it in place for Maine Turnpike and 95 in Mass. Didn’t work.

I installed my external transponder on the lower right bottom of the front grill on my model s and you hardly notice it and works great. I would think you could do something similar with the X in the area below the nose.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    627.5 KB · Views: 77
I installed an external transponder on the top of the front license plate. The bolts that came with it were way too large for Tesla's front plate mount, so I had to replace that hardware. Otherwise it was straightforward. It's working fine on the Mass Pike.

I installed an external transponder on the top of the front license plate. The bolts that came with it were way too large for Tesla's front plate mount, so I had to replace that hardware. Otherwise it was straightforward. It's working fine on the Mass Pike.
Thanks, but we are forging the front plate for the time being, so that is not an option just yet.

I installed my external transponder on the lower right bottom of the front grill on my model s and you hardly notice it and works great. I would think you could do something similar with the X in the area below the nose.
The air intake on the front of the X is much deeper, and Tesla did not recommend blocking anything in that area.