TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X FAQ (wiki)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Wiki, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

I can't enter (= edit) the wiki post!

(It's happened before - for whatever reason the "edit" button is not visible to me). The question I have is:

*Can we have a rim bolt measurement or some other determinant to learn if there is or isn't interchangeability between the Models S and X?

2. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Added for you.

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Since I couldn't directly upload a photo to the wiki, above, I'm posting it here and will link to it. (In answer to the question of how far does the 2nd row window open.)

Model X window open.JPG

4. jayman

jayman Member

In relation to charging, can a HPWC be used for both a model S and X?

5. Matt_D

Matt_D Model S P90D, Sig X

#25 Matt_D, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    My apologies if this happened -- that wasn't my intent. Suggestion: If this can happen, it seems we need to post that we need a mutex on the wiki and then do a notification afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. My S charges happily at 80 and the X at 72.

6. highedu

highedu Member

What is the height from ground to top of seat?

7. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Added to the wiki (second post, above). We set this up so that everyone could edit the one post, instead of having to read through many posts. 'Crowdsourced FAQs', if you will :).

- - - Updated - - -

Added to the wiki.

8. highedu

highedu Member

Thanks Bonnie

9. Blvr888

Blvr888 Member

I've just added the question " What is the width and the length of the Model X?" as I couldn't find any official numbers on that. Overhere in tight European parking slots every inch (or better cm) counts :smile:

10. SeanA

SeanA Member

I'll see if I can add this:

image.jpeg

It it is from the towing guide here: First Responders | Tesla Motors

Sean

11. Roamer

Roamer Member

Thanks for clarifying. I was baffled by the comments over FWD definitions since the first line of the post defined the acronyms use in the wiki.

I have never owned a fwd car but tomorrow at ten I will own a car with FWDs and AWD.

In another life I was a USAF Aircraft Maintenance Officer. If you want to learn to speak acronym spend time in the fighter aircraft maintenance world. In that world acronyms become words that have lost connection with the original definition. One of my favorites was the toilet on the B1 bomber; FART, Fully Automated Reusable Toilet.

Back on topic. This thread is an excellent idea.

12. ekhozindar

ekhozindar Member

Is it me or does the ground clearance seem really low even for a CUV? I have a sportage and it clear something like 11"

13. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Most ICE vehicles have differentials or the like that hang down. A google search for a sportage list the clearance at 6.8". Search: sportage ground clearance - Google Search

14. tliving

tliving Member

Does anyone know the distance from the drivers seat to the ground on both the S and the X at the same setting? Im trying to figure out how much higher up of a ride it is.

15. henderrj

henderrj Member

Very good points. I suppose we are seeing Elon's tendency to be late in some communication (virtually every special event) and yet too far ahead in others (I'm thinking of tweets here) that feels almost like a split personality. Hopefully it's "people are smart - get the idea out there and let them figure it out". The two sides to a coin thing with a very strong leader - you get the focused vision and obsession, as well as the foibles (insert stronger descriptor of your choice).

16. Blvr888

Blvr888 Member

Many thanks, Sean! This is really helpfull.

17. kf93

kf93 Member

wow, is that width accurate? That's wider than a suburban by 9 inches, and wider than my GL350 by 5 inches. I don't think I can fit one of these and my GL in the garage at the same time. I realize the mirrors are a lot of that width and the model S is only a few inches smaller, but wow. Regardless of the FWD you still have to open the driver's door, and I think the only place in town I'll be able to visit is the Costco parking lot.

18. DDG!

DDG! Member

I can't imagine that the width is accurate --- it would be about a foot and a half wider than my existing 2008 Mercedes E350 --- and highly unlikely to fit through my garage door (house was built in 2005).

- - - Updated - - -

The Q is in the Wiki, the A is not.

19. highedu

highedu Member

Seems like measurement requests are slow

20. dhanson865

dhanson865 Active Member

I'm assuming that 81.6" is outside of wheel to wheel and 89.4" is including body curves and mirrors so there would be an in between number for just the body with mirrors folded.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.