TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X FAQ (wiki)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Wiki, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

Another option is to take the battery out of the key fob while you're showing the car.

2. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX;S90D;XP100D;3LR

Presume you meant the car lets you shift out of Park, not into Park?

3. PeterK

PeterK Model X & 3 Owner

I think it was mistyped but the answer is really both - into Park, by stepping on the brake and turning on the car, and then out of Park, into Drive or Reverse. :biggrin:

4. pvogel

pvogel Member

Provided answers to 2 questions, added 1 question:

Q: What is the height of the cabin, from the middle row middle seat cushion to the bottom of the center falcon wing door support beam?

5. FoxXxy

FoxXxy Member

This is a very helpful thread! Thank you to everyone who has contributed to it. I'm waiting on my Production P90D that hopefully will arrive by March. This thread and others have made me feel very comfortable getting this vehicle without ever having seen it in person.

6. EQC_

EQC_ Member

Added a section for "lighting" and my own question about how the brake lights illuminate (since they have extra bits compared to the S lights). Hopefully my description is clear...

7. TJunkers

TJunkers Member

Q: What is the truck depth when the back 2 seats are up?

8. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

You keep typing "truck", do you mean "trunk"?

Also, are you referring to vertical or horizontal depth?

9. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Added

Q: What tires are on the Model X?
    A: Continental CrossContact LX Sport; Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season; ContiSilentFront: 265/45R20 108V XL; UTQG: 480 A A; Tirerack Per Tire: $349.25
    Rear: 275/45R20 110V XL; UTQG: 480 A A; Tirerack Per Tire: $338.25

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3; Max Performance Summer; SoundComfort Technology
    Front: 265/35R22 102W XL; UTQG: Pending; Tirerack Per Tire: $179.30
    Rear: 285/35R22 106W XL; UTQG: 300 AA A; Tirerack Per Tire: $184.70

10. TJunkers

TJunkers Member

That I do... Autocorrect changed it. Haha

I mean depth.

11. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

Added under ----Latest Update Firmware/Software Release:

Q: My Tablet screen has frozen after applying a firmware update, what do I do?
    A: This happened to me with the first OTA firmware update. I called Tesla Service. They told me to reset the tablet by pressing and holding both steering wheel scroll buttons until the screen goes dark. After releasing will see the Tesla "T" then the screen should be restored and usable.

• Helpful x 1
  12. Jacob S.

Jacob S. New Member

Q: Are front doors and FWD open when whole car is covered in coat of ice? Does front doors have some fast heating on their frame for this situation? Or the only option is to heat the car via phone and wait for it to melt down?

Q: If there is only snow on top of FWD and If they open, where in the car will the snow drop to? Floor or seats?

Q: Is charging cable water-proof? Is it ok to charge the car in heavy rain? Or will it be affected when it completely freezes and get covered in coat of ice?

13. 4sevens.com

4sevens.com Member

#113 4sevens.com, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    I took delivery of an X P90DL with 20in wheels and it came with a stickier tire:

Michelin Latitude Sport 3
    255/45R20
    275/45R20

14. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

15. 4sevens.com

4sevens.com Member

Yep. custom sizes for oe - not uncommon.

The michelins are quieter, stickier, and will not last as long as the all-season conti's

16. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Our '16 Volt has much higher power USBs than our '11 Volt. Anyone interested in test for the Model X (2+2+1) USBs?

Image: http://i.imgur.com/xWL1fLr.png
    [​IMG]

17. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Added load index and speed symbol info. Also Michelin info but missing some details on them. Someone should read the tires and document. Tire tech info: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=35

Q: What tires are on the Model X?
    A: Continental CrossContact LX Sport; Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season; ContiSilent
    Front: 265/45R20 108V XL; UTQG: 480 A A; Tirerack Per Tire: $349.25
    Rear: 275/45R20 110V XL; UTQG: 480 A A; Tirerack Per Tire: $338.25
    Load Index of 108 = 2205 lbs | 1000 kgs
    Load Index of 110 = 2337 lbs | 1060 kgs
    Speed symbol is V for 149 mph max

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3; Max Performance Summer; SoundComfort Technology
    Front: 265/35R22 102W XL; UTQG: Pending; Tirerack Per Tire: $179.30
    Rear: 285/35R22 106W XL; UTQG: 300 AA A; Tirerack Per Tire: $184.70
    Load Index of 102 = 1874 lbs | 850 kgs
    Load Index of 106 = 2094 lbs | 950 kgs
    Speed symbol is W for 168 mph max

Michelin Latitude Sport 3
    Front: 255/45R20
    Rear: 275/45R20

18. Cookie Monster

IMHO, the 2nd row access QnA could use a little clean up. Here's my offering as my first post :)

Q: How easy is it to access the 3rd row?
    Pressing the forward arrow side of the Easy Entry button on the backrest or touchscreen of either outside 2nd row seat moves and tilts the 2nd row seat forward. Pressing the back arrow side returns the 2nd row seat to it's original position. Staples easy.

Q: If a carseat is present in the outboard seat of the 2nd row, does the child need to be removed before someone can access the 3rd row?
    Depends. If there is not a passenger detected in the front row of the 2nd row outboard seat, the front seat will also move forward to allow more room for the 2nd row seat to tilt and move forward. Follow best practices of removing the child, removing the carseat whenever accessing the 3rd row. For informational purposes only, any child that fits within a front facing carseat envelope (feet are not dangling out) or child under 40" with a highback booster find it fun

19. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Did you add these to the wiki? I didn't see them. I would only suggest "Pressing [and releasing] the forward..."

I added some more version history.

Bioweapon mode made my fan speed go to 11.

20. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

Mods - please see answer below for white seats and update the wiki:
    color is the accent piping on the perforated leather seats with the "Premium Upgrades" package?

A: White seats - black
    Tan seats -
    Black seats -

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.