Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X FAQ (wiki)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone ever figure out the measurement from the ground to the seat height for the driver's seat? I'm particularly interested in this as compared to the MS. Wife finds the MS hard to get in and out of because it's too low. We want to order an MX but not until we know if she will be comfortable getting in and out.

Did anyone ever figure out the measurement from the ground to the seat height for the driver's seat? I'm particularly interested in this as compared to the MS. Wife finds the MS hard to get in and out of because it's too low. We want to order an MX but not until we know if she will be comfortable getting in and out.
My MX suspension is set to High at our house. The seat is 29" from the ground. This compares to our MS (suspension set at Extra High) seat being 22" from the ground. Hope that's helpful.

What's the height clearance required to open the FWD at half-mast?

Sorry for the delay. Every time I remembered to measure, I wasn't at home...

Anyhow, It is hard to get a good measurement at the apex of the door at half mast, as it is on top of the car. I measured about 17" above the roofline.

Not sure if that helps. Happy to try different measures or pics if desired. I thought I would have trouble with the doors in my garage and I haven't had a single issue. Opens up underneath the opener on one side and the rails on the other, dutifully avoiding the recycle bins ;)

Sean

Reactions: HappyEV
If I already set the cruise control (say 65 MPH), then brake. The cruise control becomes inactive.
If, now, while it has already been set and inactive, I want to set it to another speed (say 45MPH) because I'm in a different situation, How can I do that?

Every time I pull the lever to me, the cruise control goes back to 65MPH (in the given scenario).

If I already set the cruise control (say 65 MPH), then brake. The cruise control becomes inactive.
If, now, while it has already been set and inactive, I want to set it to another speed (say 45MPH) because I'm in a different situation, How can I do that?

Every time I pull the lever to me, the cruise control goes back to 65MPH (in the given scenario).

Don't pull towards you, just push the lever down (I don't have AP, but that's how it works on my S)

Pulling the lever toward you takes the car back to the previous set speed before you disengaged.
To set a new speed, don't pull, just lift up on the stalk as if it were a turn signal.

Reactions: Lou gagna
I have a question. I am hoping someone with Model X tow package and with their suspension set to towing height, what is the Hitch Height (when parked on level ground) from the ground to the top of the receiver opening? This dimension will help me buy the proper ball mount for my trailer. Thank you.

Attachments

• faq159-hitch-height_2.jpg
    faq159-hitch-height_2.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 193
I have a question. I am hoping someone with Model X tow package and with their suspension set to towing height, what is the Hitch Height (when parked on level ground) from the ground to the top of the receiver opening? This dimension will help me buy the proper ball mount for my trailer. Thank you.
Not sure what towing height is, probably Standard or possibly "low" when driving. When I turn on Trailer Mode, it doesn't seem to affect the suspension, at least initially. Maybe when driving it will alter suspension, but it does nothing while parked.

Anyway, I've provided all 5 suspension heights:
Very Low=32cm (12 1/2")
Low=34cm (13 1/2")
Standard=36.2cm (14 1/4")
High=37.7cm (14 3/4")
Very High=39.5cm (15 1/2")

Very Low:
lCX05ri.jpg

Low:
a3PA47X.jpg

Standard:
RiOeAHw.jpg

High:
laPnzbD.jpg

Very High:
RaMKwkP.jpg

No good deed goes unpunished. After playing around with the suspension, it sounded like my compressor was running for a bit (re-pressurizing?). When I came back to my vehicle, I heard a loud pop by the front-passenger wheel and now my suspension is stuck in "Very Low". I also have a "Air Suspension Needs Service: Contact Tesla Service" warning on the IC. :(

I immediately tried to bounce the console and IC and it didn't help. Took pictures and called Tesla Roadside assistance. They said it all looked fine from their end, so they had me go back to the vehicle and the warning disappeared and now I'm able to change suspension settings again.

Hopefully, it was just a quirk, but just in case they are pulling my logs and reviewing them at the time of the problem. Hopefully, I'll know tomorrow how serious it was/is.