Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X FAQ (wiki)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up my X in 2 hours...Will add to the Wiki after I play : )

I added to the width measurements under Q: What is the width and the length of the Model X? that my "DS says the body width (mirrors detached) is 78.7 in (2 m) wide. Can a current owner confirm that width please?

This has the dimensions pretty clear:
https://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/Model_X_Towing_Instructions_NA.pdf?1512
Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 8.06.01 PM.jpg

The width is wider than my F350 Diesel Pickup.

Q: What is the width and the length of the Model X?
A: Measurements in http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...(wiki)/page4?p=1298313&viewfull=1#post1298313 . The specs are:
wheelbase: 116.7 inches (9' - 8 3/4"; 2.964m)
length: 198.6 inches (16' - 6 5/8"; 5.044m)
width: mirrors extended - 89.4 inches (7' - 5 3/8"; 2.271m); mirrors folded - 81.6 inches (6' - 9 5/8"; 2.073m); DS says the body width (mirrors detached) is 78.7 in (2 m) wide.
[Would an owner please verify the measurements? --- the cited measurements from the tow guide indicate the X is very, very wide][The listed width with mirrors extended is 3.2 inches (8.13cm) wider than what Tesla lists for Model S, which seems believable.]

Can anyone confirm these specs? It seems like an extremely wide car and I do fear parking here in Denmark.

Edit: I can't believe that Tesla can't simply provide a specs page so all these questions can be put to rest. They have the data already.

Edit: I can't believe that Tesla can't simply provide a specs page so all these questions can be put to rest. They have the data already.

The link I put in the wiki is to a post in this thread with an image taken directly out of a Tesla-published document. Bizarre that it is only in the towing guide, but it is nonetheless, published by the mothership.

Sean

From the "Will the X fit in my garage?" thread. Posted in full as MarkZ makes a specific request about reposting of photos.

Cheers!

The information you seek may be hidden in the Tesla Model X manual. Here is a peek of my touchscreen. Sorry for the overlap, read the last page carefully for the remaining bit of data.

Don't ask me about the skis, I don't have a clue. Please don't request additional info, I don't have the time!

And above all, please don't copy and paste my screen shots here. The data may be incorrect! Just look at the originals so this thread will remain clean. Those screens look terrible with those lines from the camera.

Dimensions | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Enjoy arguing about the Wiki data if it is different!

I now have answers to these two questions (WIKI updated):

Q: Are the front seats heated without getting the cold-weather package?

A: Yes, from several sources.

Q: How does the standard HI-FI sound and what are the speaker configurations (i.e., without the upgraded option)?
A: Standard Stereo comes with 9 smaller speakers, no sub-woofer and no XM radio.

Omarsultan, may i disagree? This is a startup company. They are running with barely time for their feet to touch the ground. Speaking only for myself (and I don't even own a Tesla yet) it is perfectly fine for Tesla to lean on us. In fact no disruption (especially a century coming disruption) will happen without this support. So, thank you Bonnie, Bjorn, and a thousand others - without you Tesla will not grow, sustainable transportation with intrinsically wonderful tech, won't happen. Please - keep up the good work.
Couldn't agree more. It's going to take all of us pitching in to make Tesla more successful. We have enough obstructions from the ICE dealers and others that prevent Tesla from sharing these awesome vehicles with the masses in the "Iceage" states!

Seems like measurement requests are slow

Yes. Essentially, a carpenter has to grab a pocket laser (PLS will do) with a vertical mode that transmits a point up and down, and then mark two points and measure between them. The Founder's Model X and Signature Model X are both outside the range of carpenter salaries, even the $120,000.00/year union ones, and most of them have fleets of V8 or diesel pickup trucks and wives that are more about brawn than brain. So, it is kind of out-of-band for this measurement to take place at this time.

In the future when every regular non-Sig non-Founder non-Performance $100,000 Model X owner a year from now who only waited a year or two for their vehicle gets one, they can ask their dude building their expansion to just knock out a few measurements for them real quick like. Right now? Not so much.

But, there's worth hoping: someone who's well off but had a father that taught them the simple stuff could whip out a string, plumb bob, pencil and a tape and just do it the old fashioned way.

Yes. Essentially, a carpenter has to grab a pocket laser (PLS will do) with a vertical mode that transmits a point up and down, and then mark two points and measure between them. The Founder's Model X and Signature Model X are both outside the range of carpenter salaries, even the $120,000.00/year union ones, and most of them have fleets of V8 or diesel pickup trucks and wives that are more about brawn than brain. So, it is kind of out-of-band for this measurement to take place at this time.

In the future when every regular non-Sig non-Founder non-Performance $100,000 Model X owner a year from now who only waited a year or two for their vehicle gets one, they can ask their dude building their expansion to just knock out a few measurements for them real quick like. Right now? Not so much.

But, there's worth hoping: someone who's well off but had a father that taught them the simple stuff could whip out a string, plumb bob, pencil and a tape and just do it the old fashioned way.

Ummm, wat? I am confused by this post.

I can't speak for others, but getting some of the requested measurements by myself is just not possible (like max height of falcon wing doors when fully open or width of channel between open doors). Usually when I walk out to a vehicle, I'm going somewhere. Tape measure is in the toolbox, not my hand. Couple this with the fact that all of us have been inundated with requests piled on top of requests, and requests get filled by various owners as convenient and able.

Meaning, I don't think it's an issue of people in a certain income bracket not knowing how to measure things.

Somewhere in the threads about the Model S there was a lot of discussion about where, or how, to hang a few garments. For us, being older persons who travel a lot, hanging a few garments was not the problem. How to hang half the closet was our problem but solved by using an "old geezer bar" :biggrin: that we hung using hooks attached to the steel bar running from one side of the car to the other in our panoramic roof. Any ideas how we are going to hang clothes in the Model X?
I haven't seen any interior pictures that would show how this bar might fit behind the second row of seats and be attached to some part of the ceiling that didn't move when the doors were raised. Wishful thinking?

Had some free time at the service center yesterday in Austin. 4 Xs there waiting for delivery (I heard 4 more in the warehouse). Here is the answer to at least a few of the seat piping questions:
Both the brown and white seats had a sort of taupe piping, which looked to be about the same color. Did not notice piping on the one with black seats...

IMG_2933.JPG

IMG_2925.JPG

IMG_2916.JPG