Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X, Fastest Selling Tesla Ever

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They also spend a lot of time sitting and idling, which consumes gasoline in an ICE but consumes very little power in an EV.

Which is an ideal application for the HaloIPT wireless charging.

I once was speaking to a cabbie about this and he said the problem is that they may get a short notice fare to the airport etc, so needed that backup. Maybe PHEV is better for them.

NYC has shifted entirely to hybrids, mostly the Ford Escape. A PHEV would probably be the best you could do, though, because a fare might hop in and say, "Take me to Albany!" PHEV would be the best option, to regen all the energy wasted in stop-and-go traffic, but even the stop/start tech would be a huge help in reducing cab emissions.

NYC has shifted entirely to hybrids, mostly the Ford Escape. A PHEV would probably be the best you could do, though, because a fare might hop in and say, "Take me to Albany!" PHEV would be the best option, to regen all the energy wasted in stop-and-go traffic, but even the stop/start tech would be a huge help in reducing cab emissions.

Not entirely. There are still plenty of plain ICE Crown Vic taxi's driving around (I work downtown and see them all the time). Though in NYC it is rare to see a Taxi idealing. They seem to drive around looking for fares, at least from what I can see.

-Shark2k

Not entirely. There are still plenty of plain ICE Crown Vic taxi's driving around (I work downtown and see them all the time). Though in NYC it is rare to see a Taxi idealing. They seem to drive around looking for fares, at least from what I can see.

-Shark2k

"Drive around" is far too tame a description for what they actually do.