TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X, Fastest Selling Tesla Ever

Discussion in 'Model X' started by NigelM, Feb 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Which is an ideal application for the HaloIPT wireless charging.

I once was speaking to a cabbie about this and he said the problem is that they may get a short notice fare to the airport etc, so needed that backup. Maybe PHEV is better for them.

2. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

NYC has shifted entirely to hybrids, mostly the Ford Escape. A PHEV would probably be the best you could do, though, because a fare might hop in and say, "Take me to Albany!" PHEV would be the best option, to regen all the energy wasted in stop-and-go traffic, but even the stop/start tech would be a huge help in reducing cab emissions.

3. shark2k

shark2k Member

Not entirely. There are still plenty of plain ICE Crown Vic taxi's driving around (I work downtown and see them all the time). Though in NYC it is rare to see a Taxi idealing. They seem to drive around looking for fares, at least from what I can see.

-Shark2k

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

"Drive around" is far too tame a description for what they actually do.

5. shark2k

shark2k Member

Touché. They do tend to zoom around and take off like bats out of hell also.

-Shark2k

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Maybe they could offer a taxi version that is actually slower at 0-60 to increase safety and range:smile:

7. jimbakker666

jimbakker666 Member

Awesome, I love it! Come on Tesla, get to the fourth vehicle already so I can partake!

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Glad to see we (and Tesla) still have you around. Hopefully Bluestar won't disappoint.