Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X featured in new Tesla video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X Animations in Tesla Sizzle Reel

Have we seen the animations at the end of this Tesla Sizzle Reel before?
Tesla Motors Sizzle Reel - YouTube

Looks pretty similar to the images on the websites. Camera Mirrors are still there, which is hopeful. The front motor in the cutaway animation is a bit odd, with no or limited connections to the wheels. Probably just an animation choice, but still interesting. Anyone else notice anything surprising?

Have we seen the animations at the end of this Tesla Sizzle Reel before?
Tesla Motors Sizzle Reel - YouTube

Looks pretty similar to the images on the websites. Camera Mirrors are still there, which is hopeful. The front motor in the cutaway animation is a bit odd, with no or limited connections to the wheels. Probably just an animation choice, but still interesting. Anyone else notice anything surprising?

Thx for posting; never seen this anim before.
I think the front engine gearbox is connected to the wheels (see at 1:38).
But I don't see the front inverter, witch at the rear have aprox equivalent size than the motor.

Very cool, just realized the Model X with open doors resembles the Tesla logo!

kind of worries me that the falcon doors are so "emblematic", they are even further locked into what appears to be becoming a long and drawn out process of engineering around the door design constraints. I would be perfectly happy with a suicide doors or regular door option for those of us who would like/need our X sooner than later. state sales tax exemption in WA state expires mid 2015.

kind of worries me that the falcon doors are so "emblematic", they are even further locked into what appears to be becoming a long and drawn out process of engineering around the door design constraints. I would be perfectly happy with a suicide doors or regular door option for those of us who would like/need our X sooner than later. state sales tax exemption in WA state expires mid 2015.

I'm really hoping they get on with it.

I have a lot of friends and relatives who are really keen to buy a Tesla but the model s is too small.

In the last quarterly earnings report, I believe that there was a sentence or two about the design of the Model X being complete. The long and complicated process of setting up the supply chain and production line appears to be what Tesla is working on for the rest of this year.

Assuming Tesla gets the X just right, it's going to be a blockbuster sales success in the spirit of iPhone 3GS.

Very cool, just realized the Model X with open doors resembles the Tesla logo!

I've noticed that too. I think it is a theme that tesla is trying to carry through their cars.

I have always wondered about the odd shaped headrest and why they were designed that way. One day I had the rear seats folded down and was putting a ladder in the trunk and looked up and noticed with the curve of the roof and the front seats the shape resembled the T. The headrest made the little notches.