TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X featured in new Tesla video

Discussion in 'Model X' started by TechGuy, May 17, 2014.

1. TechGuy

TechGuy Member

Only some CGI, not real video... But I think it may be CGI that I haven't seen before. Model X is near the end of this video:

Tesla Motors Sizzle Reel - YouTube

I believe it's the first mention of Model X in an official Tesla video in over a year, perhaps more...

2. fengshui

fengshui Member

Model X Animations in Tesla Sizzle Reel

Have we seen the animations at the end of this Tesla Sizzle Reel before?
    Tesla Motors Sizzle Reel - YouTube

Looks pretty similar to the images on the websites. Camera Mirrors are still there, which is hopeful. The front motor in the cutaway animation is a bit odd, with no or limited connections to the wheels. Probably just an animation choice, but still interesting. Anyone else notice anything surprising?

3. gabor111

gabor111 New Member

Thx for posting; never seen this anim before.
    I think the front engine gearbox is connected to the wheels (see at 1:38).
    But I don't see the front inverter, witch at the rear have aprox equivalent size than the motor.

4. Barry

Barry Member

I like that ending the way the falcon doors morph into the Tesla T.

5. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Very cool, just realized the Model X with open doors resembles the Tesla logo!

6. 100thMonkey

100thMonkey Member

kind of worries me that the falcon doors are so "emblematic", they are even further locked into what appears to be becoming a long and drawn out process of engineering around the door design constraints. I would be perfectly happy with a suicide doors or regular door option for those of us who would like/need our X sooner than later. state sales tax exemption in WA state expires mid 2015.

7. spentan

spentan Active Member

I'm really hoping they get on with it.

I have a lot of friends and relatives who are really keen to buy a Tesla but the model s is too small.

8. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

In the last quarterly earnings report, I believe that there was a sentence or two about the design of the Model X being complete. The long and complicated process of setting up the supply chain and production line appears to be what Tesla is working on for the rest of this year.

Assuming Tesla gets the X just right, it's going to be a blockbuster sales success in the spirit of iPhone 3GS.

9. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Yes. About two years ago I believe. It's a montage of old clips.

10. fengshui

fengshui Member

Ahh well. I was hoping that this was a glimpse of the current state of development, not two-year-old renders. Move along, nothing to see here.

11. Theshadows

Theshadows Active Member

I've noticed that too. I think it is a theme that tesla is trying to carry through their cars.

I have always wondered about the odd shaped headrest and why they were designed that way. One day I had the rear seats folded down and was putting a ladder in the trunk and looked up and noticed with the curve of the roof and the front seats the shape resembled the T. The headrest made the little notches.

12. Bulletproof

Bulletproof Vendor

Hawthorne, CA adjacent to the Supercharger & Desig
    Awesome video with behind the scenes product line. The Model X has bat wings, I can already see people wanting to matte black theirs ;)