Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Features Missing from Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order now with delay for new features as I don't need to replace my Leaf until the ski season hits. Now seemed like a great time as I get a 75KW battery for a 70KW price so I can charge to 100% and never really hit that. This should make the battery last longer.

Do you know that for a fact? My guess is that they just increased the anti-brick buffer by 5kWh, so 100% will actually be 100%. (And if you run out of charge in the middle of nowhere they can just temporary release that 5kWh so that you can get home without sending a flatbed truck out to get you.)

Remember with the Model S 40, their solution was to limit your charge percentage to 69%. (You can't set it to charge past that.) So it will be interesting to see how they do this in the Model S 70/75...

Do you mind if I ask what is the point of ordering now but delaying it to October? Is there any advantage?

In my case: I ordered on a long lead time, the reasons (at the time) for me were:

Lease on existing car had time to run
Introduce-a-friend discount was coming to an end
Price increase was anticipated
Uncertainty (here in UK) if the subsidy for Electric Vehicles, "Benefit in Kind" tax (tax you pay if you have a company car, currently very low on company EVs) would be dramatically changed; in fact government has more-or-less retained it as is, for the time being, on full EVs but diminished it on not-really-EVs :)

As it has turned out I have also benefited from:

2x price increases since
Facelift

but had to decide to either take early delivery, and stick with (now obsolete) 85, downgrade to 70 (and get refund) or upgrade (at original price) to 90. Various ways to look at that, one of which is that I had to option to avoid buying an immediately obsolete option (not that 2nd hand value is important to me, I hope to keep the vehicle a long time ... but maybe Future Features will force me to upgrade sooner than I expect ...)

Based on that experience I would place order, in future, at the maximum possible lead time in anticipation of when I would like to replace the car. In the UK I think that is 9 months (more than that and you cannot lock-in the government subsidy)

Reactions: MorrisonHiker