TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Features Missing from Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Reeler, May 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

Good list, though the S has heated wipers in the cold weather package. I think that's the same on the two cars.

2. MDMGSO47

MDMGSO47 Member

Other things that the Model X has that the Model S doesn't:

Poor fit and finish
    Lots of bugs and things that do not work properly

(;>)

3. zambono

zambono Active Member

lol

4. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

A family friend who is high up at Recaro has been meeting a lot with Tesla lately, so maybe something is in the works. He won't tell me, said he can't talk about it.

5. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

Do you know that for a fact? My guess is that they just increased the anti-brick buffer by 5kWh, so 100% will actually be 100%. (And if you run out of charge in the middle of nowhere they can just temporary release that 5kWh so that you can get home without sending a flatbed truck out to get you.)

Remember with the Model S 40, their solution was to limit your charge percentage to 69%. (You can't set it to charge past that.) So it will be interesting to see how they do this in the Model S 70/75...

6. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

In my case: I ordered on a long lead time, the reasons (at the time) for me were:

Lease on existing car had time to run
    Introduce-a-friend discount was coming to an end
    Price increase was anticipated
    Uncertainty (here in UK) if the subsidy for Electric Vehicles, "Benefit in Kind" tax (tax you pay if you have a company car, currently very low on company EVs) would be dramatically changed; in fact government has more-or-less retained it as is, for the time being, on full EVs but diminished it on not-really-EVs :)

As it has turned out I have also benefited from:

2x price increases since
    Facelift

but had to decide to either take early delivery, and stick with (now obsolete) 85, downgrade to 70 (and get refund) or upgrade (at original price) to 90. Various ways to look at that, one of which is that I had to option to avoid buying an immediately obsolete option (not that 2nd hand value is important to me, I hope to keep the vehicle a long time ... but maybe Future Features will force me to upgrade sooner than I expect ...)

Based on that experience I would place order, in future, at the maximum possible lead time in anticipation of when I would like to replace the car. In the UK I think that is 9 months (more than that and you cannot lock-in the government subsidy)

• Like x 1