Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X February 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only 30 hrs between start of production to completion? Is this normal.

It certainly was a common thing in December. Supposedly Toyota, et. al. can crank a car out in 18 hours.

It's also possible that the notification of production start was sent out late. I'm not really convinced that those emails are tied to any sort of automated system, based on anecdotal comments here on TMC, etc.

Reactions: Brnz
It certainly was a common thing in December. Supposedly Toyota, et. al. can crank a car out in 18 hours.

It's also possible that the notification of production start was sent out late. I'm not really convinced that those emails are tied to any sort of automated system, based on anecdotal comments here on TMC, etc.

agreed, it may be that Tesla sends notifications towards the end of their production process. I wonder how long it takes them to ship from Freemont to the midwest (Chicago), and prepare the car for delivery.

yea tha

Thats possible too, but hoping when they added the latest line they thought a little ahead.

During the factory tour last year, they pointed out the area (acreage) being set up for the M3 production. It is a distinctly separate part of the plant and far enough removed from X and S production acreage that when passing it by/pointing it out, it was difficult to see any specifics. Lots of lifts, overhead tracking and robotic thingamajigs. It appears they were planning well ahead, and hopefully there was plenty of thinking behind it too.

Look like mine is ready by tomorrow. I ordered in July last year, and delaying the production until beginning of this year. I just gave them a permission to move my MX to production line, and 1 week latter, the 100D is available. I wasn't able to upgrade, but I happy with my 90D. I will pick it up next week.

Attachments

• Teslready2.PNG
    Teslready2.PNG
    238 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: 3s-a-charm and Brnz
I wonder what part of the existing lines is the bottleneck? The body panel stamping area seems quite tedious to me...
I would imagine stamping is the last holdup. Those machines are beasts and I think they stockpile those parts so its never a short part. But what might be holding it up more is what part is in short supply each day as that holds up the entire line. And which one of the short part(s) changes all the time.

• Helpful
Reactions: 3s-a-charm
Ordered mine in early Nov but requested a 2017 build date on P100D Model X and it went into production in early Jan and is due for delivery Tuesday 2-7.
White with the works only did not get the xtra high amp charging enabled, the original estimate was Feb-Early March then suddenly changed after it was on the train headed east to Florida

Reactions: Brnz and 3s-a-charm
I ordered my Model X P100D on December 22 and it was confirmed on December 30. A few days later "My Tesla" was updated with my VIN, 35XXX. I received an email last Friday saying my car is expected to go into manufacturing next week and should be delivered the first week of March. Almost exactly one year off from when my Model X P90DL was made.

I ordered my Model X P100D on December 22 and it was confirmed on December 30. A few days later "My Tesla" was updated with my VIN, 35XXX. I received an email last Friday saying my car is expected to go into manufacturing next week and should be delivered the first week of March. Almost exactly one year off from when my Model X P90DL was made.

I ordered just before you and still getting late March-April. As you can see below, mine looks pretty similar to your's and we are both in Florida. I wonder if they give priority to previous owners (seems that would be awfully hard to track).

I ordered just before you and still getting late March-April. As you can see below, mine looks pretty similar to your's and we are both in Florida. I wonder if they give priority to previous owners (seems that would be awfully hard to track).
I think it has more to do with shipping location and logistics. I spoke with my DS today and eve though he said my X90D would be done with production by the last week of Feb 34xxx it would likely be mid march for delivery. I think they are probably grooming the builds after production to fill shipping lines headed for a specific destination. That means my car may sit a while until others in my geography are ready to ship

I think it has more to do with shipping location and logistics. I spoke with my DS today and eve though he said my X90D would be done with production by the last week of Feb 34xxx it would likely be mid march for delivery. I think they are probably grooming the builds after production to fill shipping lines headed for a specific destination. That means my car may sit a while until others in my geography are ready to ship

Not sure how that answers the fact that I ordered before Darryl, we live in the same state, ordered basically the same car, and my delivery date is nearly a month after his (his is the first week of March and mine in the last week of March).