Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X First Reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I completely agree with this statement from the author:

"To steal a slightly derisive word from the Silicon Valley lexicon, the Model X is iterative. It's the iPhone 6S Plus to the Model S's iPhone 6—altered, improved, but hardly earth-shattering."

It's only derisive if one's standard of excellence requires that every new model be an "earth-shattering" breakthrough.

It's a deliberately false standard whose only purpose is to set a mark by which they can claim failure. It reminds me of those who claim Apple has failed if some new component or specification shows up first in a competitor's product, or that Obama has failed because he hasn't transformed the USA into Nirvana, seeing as how he's the "messiah"...

First Drive: The New Tesla Model X SUV Has Some Surprises (Bloomberg)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-the-new-tesla-model-x-suv-has-some-surprises

"You know about the speed and those gullwing doors, but you have to sit in the beautiful middle seat, or experience the lofty headroom, to appreciate fully what this car has to offer."

"I don't want to gush, but at first blush it is about as good as you can imagine for the sister vehicle of the car that broke Consumer Reports. "

Video in link too.

I wonder if she's driving Elon's car?

First Drive: The New Tesla Model X SUV Has Some Surprises (Bloomberg)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-the-new-tesla-model-x-suv-has-some-surprises

"You know about the speed and those gullwing doors, but you have to sit in the beautiful middle seat, or experience the lofty headroom, to appreciate fully what this car has to offer."

"I don't want to gush, but at first blush it is about as good as you can imagine for the sister vehicle of the car that broke Consumer Reports. "

Video in link too.

I wonder if she's driving Elon's car?

I didn't see any "founder" badging on the side running light.

I didn't see any "founder" badging on the side running light.

It's a demo vehicle and likely has a general production VIN. This likely accounts for the bulk of Model X production thus far, and these will become the showroom display and test drive vehicles. They may share features or specs with the Founder and Signature models that general production would not otherwise receive, but only vehicles ordered by and specifically destined for Founders and Signatures get the appropriate VIN and badging.

I was concerned about purchasing the Model X some 2 years and 9 months ago. Although, it isn't as big as the original 2/2013 video showed the prototype to be... now that I am driving it daily (Sig P90D) I totally love this car. I have had a couple of minor interior issues, but the service manager will be out my house this week to address them. Very satisfied. Be sure to plan to install a the 220V50A plug RV outlet, charging on a 110V15A plug is simply not practical... at least if you are planning to drive the car! BTW, haven't tried auto pilot yet - why would I want to let the computer drive for me, its too much fun!

Not exactly a review, but a major plug for Tesla in the script for last night's episode of Madam Secretary. When hosting a neighborhood meeting at their house Henry McCord was being advised by his wife's aide as he greeted the guests, giving Henry their names and tidbits about them to mention. "Ask him how he likes his Tesla", said the aide about one of the guests. Henry did and received an effusive response, including the guest's wife offering that her husband would be happy to give Henry a test ride.

In the earnings Q&A Adam Jonas asked why there were no reviews by big car magazines, and Elon basically said they were trying to suppress X demand as long as production couldn´t keep up.
Yea they probably don't want over a year wait times for the car. They may loose impatient customers.
However I'm sure somebody from a large magazine either ordered one or will find a way to get one.