TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model X floating in water?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Ghostrider, May 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Member

2. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

The platform the two cars are built on is essentially the same. I would expect the X to float about the same as the S.

3. Ames

Ames Member

Thankfully the new Easter egg menu makes it much easier to enable Submarine Mode.

I wonder if Bioweapon Defense mode would help or hinder floating the Model X?

4. hill

hill Member

I messed with the on-screen sketch / easter egg last night. I figure if the X is sinking, I can quickly draft an on screen last will & testament
    :p

• Funny x 2
  5. Yinn

Yinn Member

They snack on food in my Model S as well...
    I see little footprints up the charge cable so I assume they come in via the charge port.

High enough to still float ;)

6. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

i don't know if anybody else is having the same issue, but my FWD area seems to be the noisiest part of the car when i'm going down the road...

which also leads me to believe that water would leak in through there...

7. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

Any mice who are going to try and get into my car are in a world of hurt. The cats have taken to hanging out in the garage a lot. One camps out on the floor between my car and the garage door. I've seen them chasing insects and spiders that got in and one of them killed a rabbit that got in. We've had one rabbit get into the garage in the 14 years we've lived here.

I tried to get it out and thought it had left. I left the main door open for about half an hour and I saw a rabbit about the same size on the neighbor's lawn a few doors up just after that so I hoped it was the same rabbit, but I found the body 2 days later.