Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X FM/XM Upgrade Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the MCU2 upgrade performed when it became available for the 2017s. Now I want to get the XM/FM “upgrade” done. I made an appointment at the service center and they just don’t seem to get it. First they said they couldn’t do it despite already having these features prior to the MCU2 upgrade. I have the premium sound package. Now I get a message from the advisor saying they could do it but it would be around $900. I have done numerous searches regarding the price and the verdict seems to be $500 + tax. I pointed out to the service center that even the Tesla website says $500 + tax. Anyone else encounter this? Am I missing something?

IMG-0202.jpg

**Had one of the mods remove the previous post due an issue with the invoice.**

Might be higher labor because not changing at the same time as the MCU?

I mean they don’t charge labor with the MCU2 upgrade. The price is all inclusive.

The way the website is worded makes it sound inclusive as well.

My vehicle has already undergone an Infotainment Upgrade. Is it possible for me to purchase the Radio Upgrade?
Yes. The purchase and installation of the Radio Upgrade is available for vehicles that have already undergone Infotainment Upgrade. For vehicles that have not yet undergone an Infotainment Upgrade, we recommend having both the Infotainment Upgrade and Radio Upgrade installation performed at the same time. The Radio Upgrade costs an additional $500 plus applicable tax and there is no difference in price if you have the Radio Upgrade and Infotainment Upgrade installed separately or together.

Reactions: brkaus