Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x for short people?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife is 4'11". I had to build a 2" thick pad to put on the floor, but other than that she can reach fine. If you want details and pictures of how I designed the pad, let me know. It's super simpl, looks fine, and is easily removable.

My wife is 5'2". She loves driving the X. Her only issue is also my only issue (and I'm 6'): the view out of the rear window. We have a 7-seater with the pedestal seats and the middle seat's head restraint is too tall. This was fixed with the newer 7-seaters.

I just checked our seat settings for one of our profiles that is for a 5’1” individual. The seat height is set near the max, but the forward position is still at least 6” back. And with a large moving range of the steering wheel, I can’t imagine someone being too small to drive an X. I think the biggest downside for shorter individuals is that the arm rest is totally useless. It doesn’t move forward with the seat.

Be sure to have included easy entry and then save profile. Once set that will put the seat all the back and all the way down when placed in park.
Easy entry is actually a profile of its own so that the position is not necessarily all the way down and back. But for a tall person who is having trouble getting in, yes, it should be set with ample space. And then the person’s profile needs to invoke easy entry.

• Informative
Reactions: njhtran