Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Founder Series - Facts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we are all hoping they may squeeze these "founders" builds in between Signature and Production. They clearly won't come before Signature's since no one has been able to configure yet.

From your keyboard to Elon's eyes. I've got production 2318, but getting the car sooner than later would help us quite a bit. I've called twice in hopes to get some info on timing and the folks on the phone didn't know.

Last edited:
One of the reasons I haven't traded up my Model S is that it's a sig. For good or bad, it's a sig - One of Tesla's earliest cars. So when my wife declined on the Model X and said I should take it for myself (trading my S in), I also declined... However, a Founders badge would be the one thing to make me jump ship. So if anyone hit 10 and isn't going to order, let's talk :wink:

I think we are all hoping they may squeeze these "founders" builds in between Signature and Production. They clearly won't come before Signature's since no one has been able to configure yet.

A Founders can be built at anytime and just merged in with whatever is in production. It's a VIN and a badge. I'm sure they'll batch them in by region/options. The only exception I'd see is that they'd want to run the Sig Reds through the paint shop before the color is retired at the end of the Sig run.

If you think about it, Founders was the smart thing to offer. Couldn't be a Sig, because there are defined numbers of Sigs in a region. If a production, people at the front of the line would be upset at line jumping. But a Founders can be built 1 month from now, 3 months from now.

Brilliant, really.

Well we got the letters today and at least mine says:

"Founder Series Model X
A member of our Inside Sales team will reach out within the next two weeks to confirm whether you intend to purchase a Founder Series Model X. They’ll be able to answer any questions you might have about configuration and lead times during the call."

That could be an assigned person inside Tesla's main staff or from the local SC's ? I hope it's a singe assigned person who can give consistent answers to all of us so there isn't variations knocking around. Maybe we can start a list of questions and combine them in the next week so when we do individually get the call we are covering as many concerns as possible. I would love to have two Tesla's in the garage but as a single guy it might be a bit much ..... :) ... but if the deals right ...... hey!

Well we got the letters today and at least mine says:

"Founder Series Model X
A member of our Inside Sales team will reach out within the next two weeks to confirm whether you intend to purchase a Founder Series Model X. They’ll be able to answer any questions you might have about configuration and lead times during the call."

That could be an assigned person inside Tesla's main staff or from the local SC's ? I hope it's a singe assigned person who can give consistent answers to all of us so there isn't variations knocking around. Maybe we can start a list of questions and combine them in the next week so when we do individually get the call we are covering as many concerns as possible. I would love to have two Tesla's in the garage but as a single guy it might be a bit much ..... :) ... but if the deals right ...... hey!

Got the mail myself. Guess we can choose car color, seat color, decour, headliner and seating (6/7), maybe rims as well. The rest it the same on all the cars? Are all colors available? I really think the MX would look good in the old green, but little hope for that one :). And then there is price and delivery times.

Got the mail myself. Guess we can choose car color, seat color, decour, headliner and seating (6/7), maybe rims as well. The rest it the same on all the cars? Are all colors available? I really think the MX would look good in the old green, but little hope for that one :). And then there is price and delivery times.

Yes price/delivery times . I emailed them on prices no answer yet
seems like prices should be available if people are config their cars?

Last edited:
Here in Denmark ev cars get killed by tax next year. The government decided that "the smaller breakthrough seen on ev sales now makes it possible to retrieve some taxes!!!!?!!" So a base model s will be added 40% tax in 2016 and ends up with 180% added (yes 180% on top of the cost of car) in 2020. Yeah I know it sounds like a bad joke but they are for real. It has not yet been approved in the EU so there is some hope left. But still their intentions are faulty and pro gasoline cars.

Anyway given the above circumstances we kinda hope that tesla could deliver some model X founder editions asap in 2015 to the approx 15 Danes who gathered more than 10 referrals.

Questions:

- For how long will the opt to buy remain?
- When can tesla deliver the founder edit? Before sigs right?
- Local prices in Denmark? Tough for you to answer;-)
- what options can be chosen? Maybe just the color?
- if any of you have your questions answered by tesla please post the answers here.

Thanks

I guess I am a little confused, I keep reading about a referral program for the model X but I have spoken with Tesla twice in the last few weeks and both times that assured me there was no referral program for the X?

Refferal program for model x? Dont follow you? We are talking about the model s Refferal program that now has ended. Getting 10 or more referrals gives you the option to buy a model X founder edition for the base price. Model X Refferral program is in the future ;-)