Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Founder Series - Facts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Denver has a "staging area" in an abandoned Safeway near the service center (that normally does the deliveries). I was messaged by someone last week who saw my car, he thinks, there (same color inside/out). I drove by the other night and do see a Signature Red Model X in there through a crack in the doors (as all the normal windows are painted over). My DS was coy when I asked about it and he said logistics had not released the car to them, but didn't deny my intel.

Not sure how long the car has been or will continue to be in this purgatory. My delivery window on the site says late-Dec to end of January. Could my car have been sitting there for weeks?

it's a mixed bag...Like you all, I too would probably be thoroughly peeved if my car was waiting in my home town in limbo land waiting for SC to make sure everything is perfect, but also wanting to take delivery. We've been waiting for a long time, and knowing it is close is worse than not knowing. Probably have parts issues waiting from Fremont, as I really have a challenge believing cars are leaving Fremont with such problems. Again, I don't mind being further down the list with a 90D, and hopefully by "mid-2016" they will have enough spare parts and better QC that cars leaving Fremont will not need as much pre-delivery monkeying around as you sigs, founders are witnessing. The silence from TMC is even worse....

Today we called. We saw her in the center on Sat. Advised they are shorthanded on X Xperts and the MXs require a lot of time for the inspection. And there may be a one or two ahead of me. And if it needs parts ... !!! So end of the week best, maybe next week delivery.

Todays phone call - the one Xpert could not get in today due to #blizzard2016. But there was a finding of a bad falcon door sensor which has been ordered. More news in a couple days. Baby has been here over a week, will be two for sure. And don't know how many more in the shop and the poor Xpert has to work through hours of 'inspection' steps on each. What is this? Maybe an export of work to the field to off load the factory?