TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X Founder's and Signature tour

Discussion in 'Model X' started by andrewket, Nov 14, 2015.

1. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

#1 andrewket, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    I'd Ike to suggest that we coordinate our own Model X tour in North America, perhaps in early January when we hope a good number of sigs and founder's cars will have been delivered. We would pick a day and time, and use the superchargers and perhaps sales/service centers as a meeting point, and publish a spreadsheet of who will be at each location. We could even ask people to rsvp just so we know how many people to expect.

I am volunteering to take the lead on coordinating this if there is sufficient interest both from early X owners as well as people interested in the car.

Thoughts?

Andrew

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I think it's a great idea - but I'd wait at least until several people have confirmed delivery dates.

3. ModelX

ModelX Member

I would love to go and meet Travelers and see the X again!

4. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Great idea @Andrew and thanks for offering to coordinate.

5. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Over in the PNW forum I've already offered to bring our Model X to Portland, OR for folks in the OR/WA area who want to check it out. We're not the lowest number Sig in the area by a long shot but I don't know if others are willing.

Not sure how I feel about opening up to test drives but I'm certainly willing to have folks check it out in other ways.

6. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

It would be completely optional to allow people to drive your car. While I have allowed a few to drive my S, I likely would not do the same with the X. But I think there are a lot of people who would come out just to see it in person.

I think this could get Tesla some good positive press as well.

7. bonnie

Another suggestion - since the stores won't have an X in as soon as some of us have ours - in addition to the tour suggestion, see if your local store would like you to bring your X over for a day & invite local reservation holders to come see it in person. There are a lot of reservation holders not on the forum (hard to believe, but true) - this way all the local owners would be notified they could see one.

8. ankitmishra

ankitmishra Member

I have a question guys. I am seeing that some folks have "Founder Edition" X in their sigs. Was there a change in the referral program? According to my knowledge Founder was only given to those who refer 10 cars fastest in each regions.

9. bonnie

A free Founders X is being given to the first to reach ten referrals. But the right to purchase a Founders X was offered to anyone who reached ten qualified referrals.

referral program oct 31 2015.png

10. ankitmishra

ankitmishra Member

Okay. Thanks @Bonnie.

11. ronmerkord

ronmerkord Member

Andrew,
    Great idea. My wife and I had already discussed hosting events so that other later reservation holders could see the car, and even taking it up to our local Santa Barbara service center for people to see. We know how much we would have loved to see one before configuring our order, and am sure that others are feeling the same way.

Now all we need is our Sig.

Ron
    SigX VIN #484

12. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Member

As a Prod reservation holder, I appreciate all your efforts. Would love to get to see one in the Denver area.

13. napoleonblownapa

Hey, Zax. I will be one of the first to get an X in Colorado. I will drive up from Colorado Springs so you guys can look at it. MIGHT take you for a ride, no test drives. That is assuming my wife lets ME drive it. Mac

14. dadaleus

dadaleus 4GETOIL P85#S70,FdrX,S85D

Have confirmed we will be getting a Founders. We probably can't take a long tour in January, but we would love to join in for any Southern California leg. And I'll definitely be taking Bonnie's suggestion to show it off at a local store or two. When I got the S back in 2012 (we were Sig #70) I did a show and tell for TMC members at the local train station parking lot and about a dozen members here showed up.

15. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

There are a bunch of us in the area waiting to see them. At first, I thought we'd be able to see Bonnie's but it sounds like she'll be selling her Signature, canceling her road trip and waiting a little while longer for her Founder's edition.

16. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Great idea, Andrew. Count me in, when TM get around to delivering me a Sig X. :wink:

17. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Member

Sounds great. Test ride or no, it'd be fantastic just to see the car in person and get to sit in the rear row. Park Meadows doesn't even know if they'll have a car by EoY (when Tesla supposedly expects to open production configuration) yet.

Thanks again to all of you for doing a service for the rest of us.

18. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

"local train station parking lot 2.0" sounds good to me ... Sign me up!

19. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

I might drive to CA for that if the stores don't have any Xes yet at that time.

20. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

If anyone around Charlotte, NC (or driving through there) wants to participate, I'll gladly organize our local club to host the event.