Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X front bumper removal?

mr10012

Jan 3, 2017
New York, NY
Anyone have any guides or instructions on removing the front bumper cover on a Model X? Have a broken parking sensor that I'd like to fix myself.
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I am interested in this as well for the same reason--my front bumper was bumped and one of the sensors seems to have been disconnected. There are good guides for removing Model S front bumpers, but I couldn't find anything for Model X...

outie

May 22, 2016
SoCal
I wonder if you can access the sensor by removing the 2 frunk liners.

You might have to remove them anyways to remove the bumper.

Which sensor are you trying to access?

mr10012

Jan 3, 2017
New York, NY
I wonder if you can access the sensor by removing the 2 frunk liners.

You might have to remove them anyways to remove the bumper.

Which sensor are you trying to access?

I am trying to access the proximity (ultrasonic) sensor on the passenger side that is about a foot from the front license plate (i.e., not the one near the edge of the bumper). Thanks for suggestion, I can ask a Tesla-authorized body shop if they can be accessed on the X via the frunk.

Bogobec

Jan 11, 2016
Canada
Bump! Not sure how this happened, I might have hit something on the road. My right lower light is kind of pushed inside by half a inch. No apparent damage :(
D7D8DAE2-AF01-4322-845A-BBD41C101773.jpeg
8F193D2B-AE55-449D-BC0E-DC95C461FCDF.jpeg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC