Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Front doors Damage. Defect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not my best talk with Tesla. They repaired the half shaft issue which is another reason it in shop. Yet they told me they are willing to split the repair cost on body work for dents... As they don't know if damage was cause by Me or them. I then explained the dents are pushing outwards. I don't think it's a matter of me or them. Yet, a question on what inside the door at the exact place on both door that can be pushing outwards. As repairing it would just be putting a bandage on something that may show up again in 2 months. Got the reply of that being a good point they agree to have a tech take door panels off to actually check what could be causing it. WHICH is the whole point of me bringing it in. :(.
Hopefully they will call me with something more informative as to why the dents are in same exact area on both doors. I can assure you I didn't find some crazy way of making reverse dents that push outward instead of in.

Not my best talk with Tesla. They repaired the half shaft issue which is another reason it in shop. Yet they told me they are willing to split the repair cost on body work for dents... As they don't know if damage was cause by Me or them. I then explained the dents are pushing outwards. I don't think it's a matter of me or them. Yet, a question on what inside the door at the exact place on both door that can be pushing outwards. As repairing it would just be putting a bandage on something that may show up again in 2 months. Got the reply of that being a good point they agree to have a tech take door panels off to actually check what could be causing it. WHICH is the whole point of me bringing it in. :(.
Hopefully they will call me with something more informative as to why the dents are in same exact area on both doors. I can assure you I didn't find some crazy way of making reverse dents that push outward instead of in.

There is no way in hell I would pay for that. They might be trying to hide a production issue?