Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X front doors un-able to open or close when car tilted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My driver's door has been opening/closing less and less reliably for the past 6 months. It's so bad now, that when I perform the ModelXmas show, the driver's door doesn't even open (a few months ago, it would open a crack).

My passenger door (used much less) is solid and reliably opens/closes all the time. I'll have it looked at on my next appointment, but I just wanted to state that over time these doors may not operate at full spec and may need work done on them.

@Mr. Ed. Good thoughts. One should never force the doors open. That will cause the motors to try to hold to what the sensors/software is indicating, and potentially loose their settings. A rule of thumb is to allow he door to open to its automatic range and stop, then move the door inward (toward closing, but not latched) and that will release the motor's control. Then the door can be freely opened manually. Since many passengers are not familiar with the doors, I always open and close the doors for my passengers. That also avoids "slamming" by those who think the are riding in a 1970 Ford -- amazing how many aren't familiar with "soft closing" doors. Most now wait for me to control the doors from the center screen. I just say, "I'll get it."