Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X front license plate missing ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just like with my MS, I will drill the holes, mount the plate, and move on with my life.
Here in Vermont, the cruisers have plate readers and I tried to go without a plate on my A7. The state police nabbed me within a week. With our Model X, it was shipped to us (no service "delivery experience") without a bracket. The salesman questioned my contention that there was no bracket with the car. Finally sent one after almost a month with no instructions on how to mount it. Leaves the impression that once you take possession, you are on your own. First and last Tesla purchase.

Here in Vermont, the cruisers have plate readers and I tried to go without a plate on my A7. The state police nabbed me within a week. With our Model X, it was shipped to us (no service "delivery experience") without a bracket. The salesman questioned my contention that there was no bracket with the car. Finally sent one after almost a month with no instructions on how to mount it. Leaves the impression that once you take possession, you are on your own. First and last Tesla purchase.

Trolling? Not sure how far you are from a service center but they would have put it on for you pro bono in about 5 minutes.

Reactions: MisterT2
I have installed the front license plates without drilling any holes. I used couple of toggle bolts, threaded rod cut to length, covered with heat shrink tubing and soldered nuts on one end. Cost me $5. If anyone interested, I can post pictures and some detailed instructions.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 107
  • Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 80
Is no front plate ticket very expensive in other states? Here in SoCal, I think about 30% of the cars have no front plate. There are only 2 places, that I know, where it would likely to get a no front plate tickets... parking in Santa Monica and parking at LAX long term parking. The ticket is like $25.... cheaper than the parking itself. If they start ticketing left and right then I guess people will start getting front plates.

I thought about getting that "The Law" no drill front plate mounting, but the price is enough to pay for 5 tickets. I have gotten 2 tickets in the last 30 years driving cars without front plates.

Haha, my cars front passenger tire was filled to 41psi, a full 4 psi lower than every other tire. Last Tesla purchase EVER...

Till Saturday when we expand our Tesla family with a new S.